- Managing and tracking of all vehicles on the fleet, including movement planning and day-to-day allocation
- Manage, maintain and repair vehicles in safe and efficient working order
- Ensure that vehicles are checked on a daily basis and that regular service and maintenance is carried out as per agreed schedule
- Receive travel requests, and maintain trip schedules and Staff Movement Board.
- Coordinate with incoming and outgoing travellers on pick-up and drop-off times ensuring drivers are briefed of movement plans
- Prepare Military Clearances for the delivery of goods to field locations as requested.
- Produce logistics site report, vehicle and generator cost performance report.
- Maintaining up-to-date control of all assets including tracking donor, value, and location, managing staff issue, and recording all asset movements and disposals
- Enter all new items purchased are entered in the stock card and ensure reconciling with Stock/Assets register.
- Manage and maintain the physical warehouse.
- Oversee procurement requirements of the Field Office; implement procurement as per approved guidelines, procedures and forms (Purchase Requests, Purchase Orders, Goods Received Notes, Service Completion form etc.)
- Prepare a weekly summary of all outstanding purchase requisitions, showing the current status of the items and the date which they are expected to be supplied to the projects
- Ensure adherence to communication protocol at the field level.
- Ensure that all communication systems in Field Office are maintained and staff trained in their proper and effective use
- Ensure that all equipment and supplies in Field Office are maintained in a safe and secure manner
- University degree in related field
- Professional qualification in logistics & procurement would be an added advantage
- Knowledge of the local market
- Knowledge of local language (Hausa)
- Experience from working as a Logistics Coordinator in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Administration / Organisation / Management
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Commencement: ASAP/September 2019
- Duration: 4 months (One year renewal)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions. Grade level 5, Step 1
- Duty station: Yola , with frequent travels. Travel outside Yola is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected