ABOUT RI: Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships, and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Position Responsibilities and Duties
- Promotes up to date operation management thinking and practices. Identifies and focuses on value added services, which can be provided by the supply section to programme and partners.
- Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of Logistic and Procurement sub-Departments at HQ and field level.
- Based on RI policies and procedures, improve and/or define logistic and procurement processes at mission level.
- Liaise with Country Director, Finance Manager and Program Director and assist in the development of mobilization plans for operational activity of all grants.
- Establish close collaboration with Program Department, in order to ensure supply and logistic involvement in programme design, planning, product selection and forecasting.
- Participate in country programme planning and review meetings to advice on supply chain and logistic matters, and develops supply and logistics components of the country program.
- Ensure the observance of the mobilization plans for operational activities of all grants.
- Ensure that RI Procurement follows policies and procedures that are in compliance with the RISO Procurement Manual and funding source policies,
- Understand and implement donor requirements related to procurement, logistic and IT.
- Ensure that RI procurement and related policies and procedures are up-to-date and disseminated in a timely manner and that all appropriate staff are trained and competent.
- Update and contextualize the RI standards for assets/equipment to be purchased, as required.
- Review monthly Operations’ reports and give feedback to all operations staff, Department Managers and other key staff as needed.
- Participate in mobilization for all new projects and project extensions.
- Ensure donor reports for assets are timely completed and submitted to the Finance/Program and other departments as appropriate.
- Ensure disposal of assets is reviewed annually and donor requirements followed.
- Conduct timely rollout of appropriate RI GSO initiatives and updates.
- Maintain current knowledge of and ensure compliance with local government regulations.
- Define, in cooperation with Country Director and Finance Manager, support costs’ Country Budget.
- Manage and ensure a proper spend down plan of support costs’ Country Budget.
- Maintain Operation Department’s archival and administrative files.
- Prepare annual audit and be a liaison with all pre-qualified outside vendors.
Training & Outreach
- Proactively develop the skills of RI staff to understand and utilize appropriate tools and services to design and implement quality programming.
- Work with field staff to identify operational needs and ensure that issues are raised with CD, DCD, Department leads and other staff, as needed, to ensure they are included in new budget development.
- Design and implement capacity-building program to strengthen the capacity of RI Turkey and field-based Supply Chain staff.
- Assist Operations team in working with program staff towards establishing procurement plans.
- Travel, depending on security situation, to provide technical support to field offices and sub-offices.
- Conduct RI operational workshops regularly/depending on the program needs.
- Practice excellent human resource management, supporting the development, promotion and retention of a motivated team of qualified and experienced staff.
- Identify staffing and/or skill gaps and see that these gaps/needs are filled.
- Support the recruitment of all operational staff and provide day-to-day supervision of department .
- Provide feedback through regular performance evaluations and ensure staff is held accountable in accordance with the RI HR policies.
- Responsible for the successful rollout and maintenance of various tracking logs for RI.
- Ensure clear delineation e segregation of roles for the Department.
- Ensure the draft and/or update of the pre-selected suppliers list.
- Ensure transport services are cost efficient and reliable.
- Ensure warehouse and stocks are secure, well managed and documented.
- Ensure assets and property are effectively managed, asset list is updated regularly and assets are disposed of according to RI and/or donor regulations.
- Participate in Logistics Cluster meetings and other coordination as appropriate.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Degree or professional certification in Supply Chain Management, Business Management or related field.
- Experience working with at least four of the following donors: USAID, ECHO, BPRM, DFID , UNHCR, UNICEF, OCHA and knowledge of specific donor guidelines.
- At least 5 years international experience managing large multi-site operations, preferably within an NGO setting.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of practical Supply Chain procedures and maintaining supply pipelines in areas with weak infrastructure.
- Demonstrated excellence in training and capacity-building of specialist and non-specialist staff in Supply Chain Management.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong computer competency with word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Strong leadership qualities and willingness to exercise initiative.
- Strong team working attitude.
- Ability to identify and communicate potential problems and propose solutions to the level of management and then effect change.
- Must be able to function effectively in complex work environment, set appropriate priorities and deal effectively with numerous simultaneous requirements.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken. Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
- Willingness to travel to remote field sites to provide technical support.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation