NRC Syria Response is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and highly motivated profile with a strong background in Logistics and Supply Chain Management. The job holder will need to be willing to work in a changing environment and adapt to changes, as well as dedicate extensive part of her/his time to provide on-the-job training to national staff and oversight and monitoring of Logistics activities with frequent travel to the field.
The main objectives for the Logistics Manager is to oversee logistics implementation and compliance, and strengthen the logistics support services (i.e. Procurement, Transport, Fleet, Warehousing and Stock Management, and Asset Management) in the NRC Syria Response areas of implementation.
The Logistics Manager will need to ensure that NRC Syria Response is well positioned to respond to current and future emergencies with primed logistics mechanisms and high standard quality.
The Logistics Manager must demonstrate strong engagement and leadership in all major logistics actions.
The following is a brief description of the role.
- Ensure that country set up comply with Logistical Handbook, NRC policies and donor requirements
- Implement NRC’s logistics systems and procedures
- Training and support of line managers and staff with logistical responsibilities
- Management of the logistics team
- Ensure anti corruption focus in procedures and trainings
- Establish filing systems/archives according to NRC standards in all offices
- Initiate and maintain necessary leases, licenses and contracts with relevant authorities and suppliers
- Provide regular analysis and reports
- Development of holistic and needs based programmes, including cash-based interventions and marked based programmes
Duty Station: Amman, Jordan with 60% travel to Syria Response areas of intervention
Duration: 12 Months
Approved health certificate required prior to start