QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
SIMPLE (Services to Improve Performance Management, Enhance Learning and Evaluation) is an activity contracted by the USAID/Egypt Mission and implemented by the QED Group which fields a technical support team to execute a host of services to improve the efficiency of programs implemented by the Mission’s technical offices. These services include activity/project designs, assessments, evaluations, management information and reporting. The SIMPLE project office is located inside the USAID Egypt/Mission in New Maadi.
Position Description – General
SIMPLE is recruiting for a Logistics Coordinator/Manager who will work as a full-time member of the SIMPLE team. In summary, she/he will manage all logistical aspects for the Project and its activities, organize and run procurement processes, handle all immigration processes (visas, work permits) and be the point of contact for security for the project. She/he will manage the project driver/administrative assistant, Rep Office assistant, coordinate the work of an IT Advisor, as well as all aspects related to the Rep Office day-to-day operations.
- Responsible for all Procurement of Goods & Services from start to end, including also checking up selected providers and/or consultants on OFAC and SAM to ensure they are clear.
- Serves as the point of contact with our counterpart, the Ministry of International Cooperation, handling all communication and processes with the Ministry.
- Updates the Project’s Security Action Plan, as needed; responsible for the security alerts; Project warden liaising closely with the Mission’s security team at RSO for drills, trainings, updates, etc. Similarly, contributes to the return to the office guidelines during COVID-19 and any similar guiding procedures and actions related to office and consultant safety.
- Responsible for the tax exemption procedures and letters. Point of contact with the VAT exemption department, Ministry of Finance, and all correspondences.
- Responsible for expatriates’ work permits, residence visas and their renewals, and cancellations and all correspondence. Similarly, responsible for the entry visas renewal and extensions for long-term, short-term consultants on task orders or core services, including requesting letters from USAID and the Ministry.
- Handles Human Resources processes, as needed, in particular as it relates to advertising, organizing for interviews and onboarding arrangements.
- Handles all hotel deals, negotiations, and credit facilities, VAT exemption and agreements. Handles all hotel bookings for the Project and task orders.
- Handles and maintain a network of providers that offer these services for the Project, nurturing established relationships as well as expanding the network with new vendors/providers as applicable.
- Responsible for all logistical arrangements for workshops outside the Mission.
- Handles airport transportation and meet and assist services.
- Responsible for the QED Representative Office in Egypt day-to-day operations; supervise the work of an Office Assistant assigned to this office.
- Responsible for the IT Consultant’s work coordination, tracking and timesheets review/approval.
- Responsible for all project equipment and their maintenance and repairs; handles all Project’s equipment warranties.
- Responsible for personnel files and matters.
- Responsible for handling the import and re-export of the household items of resident expatriates.
- Runs market survey on legal consultation, Health care Insurance for staff, Emergency Hospital Care for Expatriates, Hotels (lower rate than Per Diem), and other surveys, as needed.
- Requests price estimations for various items for budgeting purposes for task orders or core services.
- Responsible for the Project vehicle trips’ schedule, fuel, maintenance, cleanliness, license, insurance and handling the service provider.
- Supervises the QED driver/administrative assistant , including being responsible for his timesheet, performance, and vehicle log.
- Bachelors degree in social sciences or a related field
- 10-15 years’ experience in logistics or a similar role
- Specific experience with USAID-funded projects preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Arabic and English language skills required (writing and speaking)
- Proven ability to operate in a fast-paced work environment
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application.
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
A submitted application to QED in response to a position on a bid or proposal, indicates your agreement to be included in our submission to the client at least on an illustrative named basis.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.