Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
For further information about the association: http://www.handicap-international.us
Present in more than 55 countries, Handicap International is composed of 2 operational directions:
– The Direction of Humanitarian Action
– The Direction of Development Action
CONTEXT OF THE MISSION
Regarding the approaching cyclone in the Caribbean Islands, HI is preparing its emergency response. Hurricane Matthew is now a massive storm forecast to pass on or very close to Cuba, Jamaica and HaitĂŻ and â potentially â to cause damaging effects to these countries. Thus, if those countries request for assistance, HI will be part of the emergency actors involved into the humanitarian response, in order to support the most vulnerable affected by the catastrophe.
Under the direct responsibility of the Head of Mission, in coordination with the flying team and with the support of Logistics Advisors of the Emergency desk at the HQ level, you will be responsible for:
Under the direct responsibility and support of the Head of Mission, you will be responsible for:
– Ensuring the respect of HI and donor Logistics guidelines (management of purchase, stock, supply, equipment, vehicle) on the mission
– Managing directly the logistics national staff, most probably in remote from Amman.
– Strengthening capacities of Logistics team based in Sanaâa (training, capacity building)
– Coordinating the logistics activities all over the mission by being in support and in close collaboration with the project staff and the support staff
– Ensuring the respect of HI security guidelines on the mission
– Supervising and providing a logistical support to the different HI bases and projects run into the country
– Opening/shuting down at logistical level any HI base in the country and ensure their regular maintenance
– Reporting on regular basis about all logistics activities within the mission to the Head of Mission.
You must be flexible enough to takeover any other responsibilities in case of gap or new exceptional activity.
– University diploma in Logistics, Supply or generalist
– MBA or Master in Logistics, Management, Economics or related area is an asset
– Strong experience in the related field – at least 3 years
– Experience in a emergency context is MANDATORY
– English mandatory
– Spanish is a strong asset
– Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
– Ability to work under high pressure with a great level of personal organisation
– Diplomacy sense
English : Fluent
Spannish : Good
â˘ Starting date: ASAP
â˘ Duration: to be determined
â˘ Status: salaried, according to experience