Logistics and Administrative Assistant: Mexico Civil Society Activity
Reports to: Director of Finance and Administration
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to create dramatic improvements in the performance of organizations and programs working to enhance the social and economic well-being of people around the world. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
SI is implementing a five-year USAID-funded Mexico Civil Society Activity with the goal to improve the institutional capacity of intermediate service organizations and civil society organizations to effectively implement their development agendas related to crime and violence prevention, criminal justice reform, and human rights.
SI is seeking a full-time Logistics and Administrative Assistant to provide operational and office support for the USAID-funded Mexico Civil Society Activity.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only Mexican citizens will be considered. **
• Support Finance and Administration Manager with daily administrative points;
• Serve as the administrator for petty cash; work with finance team to conduct reconciliations and spot checks;
• Prepare routine daily financial transactions and gather supporting documentation;
• Review and reconcile consultant and vendor invoices;
• Maintain records and files;
• Enforce office visitor protocols;
• Ensure office is stocked with office supplies;
• Coordinate meetings and scheduling
• Arrange travel and hotel reservations, securing visas etc.
• Assist with programmatic data entry as needed;
• Oversee the cleanliness and general maintenance of the office;
• Receive and distribute packages or mail within the office;
• Other duties as assigned.
1. Diploma required, Bachelor Degree preferred
2. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, business professionals, and the general public
3. 3-5 years administrative management experience with international projects
4. Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and communicate effectively orally and in writing
5. Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality in day-to-day work
6. Ability to establish, maintain, and prepare records and reports
7. Computer skills including use of PowerPoint and Excel Microsoft Office programs
8. Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
9. Ability to work with staff and consultants from a variety of backgrounds and nationalities.
Deadline for submission: Friday, October 21, 2016.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.