Position Title: Logistics Analyst
Reports to: Logistics Manager
Location: Boston, MA
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change. PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Kazakhstan, Sierra Leone and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
The Supply Chain and Logistics Team is responsible for supplying PIH sites with medical and programmatic equipment, supplies, and pharmaceuticals. This scope of work includes international order management and administration, sourcing new items and identifying best pricing, overseeing US-based warehousing, managing international shipping and documentation, coordinating the customization and implementation of PIH’s supply chain management software, designing reports, providing support for biomedical and facilities teams, and providing technical support.
General Responsibilities: The Senior Logistics Analyst plays an important role on the Supply Chain and Logistics Team in ensuring that inventory required to deliver health services reaches PIH sites on time. The Analyst will execute day to day operations related to shipping and warehousing, working closely with vendors, donors, and colleagues across the organization. This individual must be detail oriented, organized, and proactive, with a service-oriented mindset and strong communication skills. The position is full time and reports to the Logistics Manager.
Shipping and Warehousing:
– Ensure items are shipped accurately and on time by: working with site-based colleagues to understand shipping priorities, coordinating shipments with freight forwarders, preparing customs clearance documentation, updating site-based colleagues on shipment status, entering shipment data in software systems, and following up on discrepancies
– Work with third party warehousing contractor to maintain accurate inventories and packing lists and act on priorities
– Physically receive and prepare shipments from Boston storage location
– Maintain the integrity and transparency of all department records and files
– Proactively identify new logistics partners and identify opportunities for cost savings
– Contribute to the analysis of logistics data and the design of software systems
– Implement process improvements to improve efficiency of logistics tasks
– Act as logistics point of contact for assigned projects or sites
- Five years relevant experience or equivalent training/education in shipping, warehousing, or similar
- Demonstrated success managing large amounts of data with high attention to detail
- Experience using enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems or proven ability to learn new electronic systems quickly
- Ability to follow established processes and experience implementing process improvements
- Willingness to do important repetitive tasks and data entry and ability to see their connection to larger team and organizational goals
- Demonstrated success responding to a high volume of requests and ability to react to needs with a sense of urgency
- Strong communication skills and ability to respond to changing priorities
- Ability to work well with a diverse team, honoring concerns and priorities of field-based staff
- Interest in social justice and health equity
- Intermediate excel skills
- Experience with international shipping and logistics
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
- French or Haitian Creole language skills
Partners In Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.