International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
IBTCI is currently seeking a Evaluation Logistics/Program Assistant for the anticipated USAID/Cambodia Mid-term Performance Evaluation of the Cambodia Malaria Elimination Project (CMEP). This will be a position based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia and open to locals only. The total estimated time required for the evaluation is 40 days over a period of approximately 4 months. The award is expected to be granted at the end of February and work to start in March 2020. The purpose of this mid-term performance evaluation is to assess activity implementation performance to date, identify key bottlenecks and constraints, and make actionable recommendations for improvements needed to meet the activity’s intended objectives. Findings from the evaluation will be used to provide feedback to USAID/Cambodia, the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), the national malaria program, partners, and relevant stakeholders on the successes of the activity, areas for improvement, and any course corrections required for the remainder of the project. S/he will support the Assessment Team with all logistics and administration to allow them to carry out this evaluation. S/he will also serve as translator/interpreter, as needed. S/he will work under the guidance of the Assessment Team Leader to make preparations, arrange meetings and appointments. S/he will conduct programmatic administrative and support tasks as assigned and ensure the process moves forward smoothly. S/he may also be asked to assist in translation of data collection tools and transcripts, if needed.
*Note: This is a position for a proposal and is contingent upon award. This position is open to Cambodian Nationals only.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative and logistical support for Evaluation Team, including arranging meetings and travel, transport, lodging and related arrangements.
- Provide/ensure business center support, e.g. copying, printing and internet service.
- Maintaining and monitoring overall lines of communication.
- Procure and/or translate data collection tools and transcripts, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous administrative experience, preferably with a USAID-funded project.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Well-organized, attentive to detail, skilled in setting priorities and meeting deadlines, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Works well independently and in teams; pro-active in anticipating work requirements and problem solving.
- Mastery of word processing, spreadsheets, database use, and presentation software (Microsoft Office); and experience with using the internet for research and scheduling purposes.
- Knowledge of key actors in the health sector and their locations including MOH, donors and other stakeholders.
- Able to efficiently liaise with hotel staff, arrange in-country transportation (ground and air), arrange meetings and workspace as needed, and ensure business center support, e.g. copying, internet, and printing.
- Local hire.
- Good command of English and Khmer; capacity to translate documents both ways.
Education: Certificate, diploma or equivalent in any business, administration, logistics, transport, systems engineering, supply chain management, hospitality or related. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment, but will require field travel.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Domestic and international travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.