The purpose of this assignment is to conduct a final performance evaluation of the USAID Institutional Strengthening in Pacific Island Countries to Adapt to Climate Change (ISACC) Activity and the USAID Pacific Climate Ready Activity in four target countries where the Activities operated, namely Fiji, Samoa, Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) and Kiribati. While the USAID Climate Ready and ISACC Activities were both designed to provide needed capacity to Pacific Island countries to access climate finance, ISACC was implemented by a key regional organization and allowed USAID to work directly with Pacific regional organizations to increase the capacity of national institutions whereas USAID Ready has a broader scope, consisting of three main components focusing on strengthening policy and institutional arrangements within host country governments, increasing access to international financing, and strengthening both government and private sector project implementation capacity. The final performance evaluation of both USAID activities will answer five evaluation questions based on a qualitative investigation of the results and operations of the activities in the four countries. The results of the evaluation will be utilized to inform future USAID programming or follow-on designs.
SI is seeking an individual with a background in international development to fulfill the role of local Logistician on this evaluation in July and/or August 2021. The Logistician is primarily responsible for scheduling interviews with relevant individuals in Fiji, Samoa, FSM, and Kiribati, as determined by the document review and at the discretion of the evaluation team. A detailed breakdown of responsibilities is listed below. This is a part-time position reporting to the Team Leader and working closely with the SI management team, as well as other evaluation team members.
** Please note that this position is only open for Local Nationals or other individuals currently residing in the Pacific Islands.**
- Collecting contact information of targeted informants and conducting outreach to selected individuals
- Scheduling interviews in a manner that ensures efficient allocation of time and re-confirming interviews with study participants
- Identifying and confirming locations for interviews to take place
- Frequently updating a shared schedule on SI’s SharePoint platform
- Maintaining accurate lists and contact information for study participants
- Other activities that might be required to facilitate data collection, such as acquiring transportation and/or lodging for the evaluation team
- At least two years of experience working for international development organizations.
- Background in administration and/or logistics for research studies.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines and adhere to high quality standards.
- Strong professional written and verbal proficiency in English.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.