Social Impact has been asked to conduct a Democracy, Human Rights and Governance (DRG) assessment for USAID/Senegal. This will be an assessment of the macro political-economy in Senegal in order to identify the primary challenges to, and opportunities for, democratization in Senegal. The team is also tasked with developing strategic and programmatic recommendations to address the core challenges to democratic development, the protection of human rights, and good governance in Senegal.
The scope of work will involve (1) an analysis of the country context and political direction of the country, especially since the 2012 presidential elections, including identifying relevant fragility dynamics to identify key DRG problems. (2) Examine the role of key actors and the institutions in which they operate and then identify opportunities (or lack thereof) for them to address key DRG problems. (3) Review U.S. and USAID interests and priorities in Senegal, including relevant assistance programs, resources, and comparative strengths. (4) Develop recommendations for strategy development and illustrative programming, which will serve as inputs to the development of the Mission’s new CDCS and DRG PAD.
The estimated period of performance for this evaluation is from July 2019 through August 2019 with an LOE of 22 days.
SI is seeking an individual with a background in international development to fulfill the role of local Logistician on this assessment. The Logistician is primarily responsible for scheduling interviews with relevant individuals, as determined by the document review and at the discretion of the evaluation team. A detailed breakdown of responsibilities is listed below.
This is a part-time position reporting to the US-based SI Technical Director and working closely with the SI management team, as well as three other evaluation team members with DRG Assessment expertise.
- Collecting contact information of targeted populations and conducting outreach to selected individuals
- Scheduling interviews in a manner that ensures efficient allocation of time and re-confirming interviews with study participants
- Identifying and confirming locations for interviews to take place
- Frequently updating a shared schedule on SI’s Sharepoint platform
- Maintaining accurate lists and contact information for study participants
- Other activities that might be required to facilitate data collection, such as acquiring transportation and/or lodging for the evaluation team
- At least two years of experience working for international development organizations
- Background in administration and/or logistics for research studies
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to work independently to meet deadlines and adhere to high quality standards.
- Ability and willingness to travel in Senegal for fieldwork
- Strong professional written and verbal proficiency in French and English required.
- Ability to speak Wolof to communicate with local populations is preferred
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.