Social Impact is preparing a proposal for an upcoming five-year USAID South Sudan Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Project. The MEL Project will support USAID/South Sudan to effectively monitor, evaluate, learn from, and improve USAID-funded interventions. The MEL Project will provide USAID/South Sudan with flexible, demand-driven technical, analytic, advisory, training, monitoring, evaluation, and related support services for performance measurement, planning, monitoring, evaluation, reporting, activity mapping, and performance information management and dissemination activities.
SI is looking for a Local Senior Monitoring Specialist to lead the monitoring component activities on the project and supervise technical staff. This will be a full-time position based in Juba, for the duration of the contract.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with South Sudanese citizenship are eligible to apply.**
- Provide oversight of monitoring functions, such as, the creation of performance indicators, development of activity and project M&E plans, setting of targets, collection of program data, assessment of data quality, analyses of data, reporting, and impact.
- Provide training to stakeholders on results-based management and creating effective monitoring indicators, plans, processes, and systems to improve performance monitoring.
- Ensure that short- and long-term monitoring team members (including M&E Specialists and field support staff) recruited under this contract are of a high caliber and possess the required technical expertise.
- Provide guidance in the development and updating of performance management plans (PMPs) and the creation and management of performance indicator tracking systems/databases.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in development or a related field, such as economics, evaluation sciences, or public administration. Advanced degree preferred. Formal training in monitoring and evaluation is preferred.
- At least eight years of experience in the design and management of indicators, M&E plans, performance targets, data quality assessments, data collection, and analysis.
- Prior experience serving on a USAID-funded project.
- Experience recruiting and supervising short-term technical experts and evaluation team members.
- Experience using performance monitoring data for the improvement of ongoing project/activity management.
- Ability to conceptualize and structure monitoring activities and write reports clearly and concisely.
- Exceptional proficiency in written and spoken English.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.