- Enhance deliberate learning focus to drive program results faster than traditional MEL.
- Generate fit-for-purpose data to adapt and improve development programs.
- Improve data literacy, including the ability to generate, comprehend, rigorously analyze, and apply data generated by both USAID and broader development actors.
- Share CLA practices and expand the use of CLA across the Mission’s implementing partners and government counterparts.
SI is seeking a full-time Ethiopian Senior Capacity Building Manager responsible for the oversight of capacity building and training activities to implementing partners and USAID/Ethiopia staff under this project. The position will be full-time over the duration of the project, and will be based in Addis Ababa.
**Please Note: This is a local position. Only Ethiopian citizens will be considered.**
- Support the development and implementation of the activities related to training and capacity building in M&E.
- Establish and implement a capacity building platform to build the capacity of USAID/Ethiopia staff and select stakeholders to perform high-quality performance monitoring and verification.
- Oversee development and implementation of a strategy to develop the capacity of local implementing partners and government officials to improve the effectiveness of performance management, projects and M&E plans using best practices.
- Facilitate strong collaboration, learning and adapting practices, including techniques for gathering, organizing, disseminating and applying knowledge throughout the program cycle.
- Develop a comprehensive plan that outlines key learning and knowledge management questions, stakeholders and their roles, and broad stakeholder engagement at multiple levels.
- Foster strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, serve as a convener for dialogue and learning around emerging issues, and coordinate efforts among partners.
- Assist and play a role in the production of reports, such as quarterly and annual reports, training manuals and reports arising out of its activities as required by USAID.
- Bachelor’s required; Master’s degree preferred in a relevant field.
- Demonstrated experience in M&E capacity building and training at the organization and individual level, especially under USAID-funded projects.
- Strong technical background in individual and organizational development, capacity strengthening, and participatory approaches.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with Ethiopian counterparts and government officials.
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring abilities.
- Prior experience building capacity of USAID Mission staff in M&E preferred.
- Fluency in English and Amharic is required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.