Social Impact (SI) is seeking a Local Research Expert to support this evaluation. In collaboration with SI HQ staff and the Senior Expert, the Research Expert will contribute to the evaluation design, participate in instrument design, oversee data collection efforts, coordinate with stakeholders in Kosovo to implement evaluation activities, and assist with analysis and report writing. This is a part-time consultancy position throughout the life of the assignment and is contingent on proposal award.
** Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Kosovar citizenship will be considered. **
- Participate in the development of qualitative and quantitative data collection instruments and develop and refine research questions.
- Prepare the evaluation team for fieldwork, including liaising with in-country stakeholders to obtain necessary information and clearances, helping to coordinate the logistics of data collection activities.
- Conduct a desk review of relevant documentation.
- Participate in and/or lead interviews and other data collection activities with selected stakeholders.
- Contribute to the final report and report revisions to ensure quality work in all deliverables
- Work closely with SI personnel and communicate in a timely and effective manner with all project personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in economics, political science, governance, law, or a related field.
- At least five (5) years of experience working in the governance sector, including some experience in evaluating public administration projects.
- Demonstrated experience with performance evaluations, working with qualitative and quantitative data.
- Experience conducting qualitative data collection activities – including document review, survey design, key informant interviewing, and focus group facilitation.
- Experience coordinating evaluation activities involving multiple stakeholders (including local government, ministries, NGOs, and private sector entities)
- Excellent oral and written fluency in English.
- Fluency in Albanian (strongly preferred).
- Familiarity with at least one of the following areas: government transparency in the judicial sector, government transparency in the environmental sector, air quality measurement, disseminating air quality data as it pertains to public health, data communication to the public (preferred).
- Experience working with the Ministry of Justice, Kosovo Judicial Council, or Ministry of Economy and Environment (preferred).
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.