SI seeks a full-time Nairobi-based Local Performance Monitoring Specialist to lead performance monitoring activities on the contract, in conjunction with the DCOP.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Kenyan or Somali citizenship will be considered.**
- Oversee program monitoring and reporting across multiple activities and programs.
- Work with personnel and other stakeholders including partners and Mission staff providing oversight of monitoring functions, such as the creation of performance indicators, development of activity and project M&E plans, setting of targets, collection of program data, assessment of data quality, analyses of data, reporting, and impact.
- Providing trainings to various stakeholders on results-based management and creating effective monitoring indicators, plans, processes and systems to improve performance monitoring.
- Ensure that short- and long-term monitoring team members recruited under this contract are of a high caliber and possess the required technical expertise.
- Master’s degree or higher in the field of international relations, economics, political science, public policy, statistics, and/or other relevant field.
- Minimum five years of progressively more responsible experience in the design and management of indicators, M&E plans, performance targets, data quality assessments, data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Previous experience providing guidance in the development and updating of performance management plans.
- Experience with creating and managing performance indicator tracking systems/databases.
- Experience using performance monitoring data for the improvement of ongoing project/activity management.
- Experience in the gender dimensions of monitoring.
- Extensive experience in drafting indicators.
- Experience providing group of various sizes and one-on-one training and mentoring on monitoring- related subjects i.e., results-based management.
- Familiarity with USG policies related to performance monitoring.
- Familiarity with a diverse set of programming, e.g. health, economic growth, education, governance, etc.
- Excellent English writing skills and speaking ability; Somali language proficiency.
- Must have an understanding of Somali culture and operating environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel to Somalia as needed.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.