Social Impact is seeking an individual to fulfill the role of Notetaker on this activity. The Notetaker will be responsible for keeping detailed records of all qualitative data collection activities, including in-person and virtual focus group discussions (FGDs) and key informant interviews (KIIs). S/he will work closely with the Local Evaluation Expert to take accurate, comprehensive notes and produce clean written reports following each data collection event. This is a temporary, part-time position reporting to the U.S.-based Evaluation Team Leader working closely with the SI management team. The period of performance will last from December 2020 – January 2021 and will require 10 days of effort.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Tajik citizenship will be considered.**
- Meet with the Local Evaluation Expert and SI project staff before events to understand the event objectives, flow, and notetaking priorities.
- Take clear, understandable notes based on the event, including documenting notes from the FGDs and KIIs, and synthesizing key information.
- Assist in translating notes from Tajik into English.
- Ensure deliverables are in line with the client’s preferred format (e.g. consistent use of hyphens, capital letters, heading colors, etc.).
- As requested, provide minimal on-site facilitation support (such as distributing handouts or taking photos).
- Travel within Tajikistan for fieldwork as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in sociology, media, communications, or another relevant field with three years of professional experience.
- Previous experience with qualitative data collection strongly preferred.
- Ability to document discussions accurately and synthesize information quickly and effectively.
- Ability to maintain high-quality work with minimal supervision and tight deadlines.
- Verbal and written fluency in Tajik and English, including typing, and impeccable spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Excellent professionalism, including focus and discretion.
- Demonstrable experience in notetaking in a professional environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.