Social Impact is putting together a proposal for the upcoming Eastern and Southern Caribbean (ESC) Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Services (MELS) opportunity. This project will provide the USAID Mission in the Eastern and Southern Caribbean (USAID/ESC) with technical and advisory services in monitoring, evaluation, learning, and reporting of results during the implementation of its 2021-2025 Regional Development Cooperation Strategy (RDCS).
SI is seeking a full-time Local Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist for the upcoming Barbados MELS project. The Specialist will report to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) and support MEL activities on the contract.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with the following citizenships will be considered: Antigua and Barbuda, Dominica, Grenada, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, St. Kitts and Nevis, Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago, Suriname, Guyana and Jamaica**
- Support monitoring functions, such as: development of activity and project Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) plans, learning agendas; setting performance indicators, baselines, and targets; collection and management of MEL data, assessment of data quality, analysis of data, reporting, and integrating gender and social inclusion.
- Conduct training to stakeholders on results-based management and creating effective monitoring indicators, plans, processes, and systems to improve performance monitoring and learning.
- Ensure that short- and long-term monitoring team members (including M&E Specialists and field support staff) recruited under this contract are of a high caliber and possess the required technical expertise.
- Coordinate evaluation activities and advise on evaluation Scopes of Work (SOWs), designs, and methodologies, including data collection methods and protocols.
- Oversee quality of recruitment of technical consultants for evaluation activities, ensuring the appropriate technical knowledge and expertise for a given technical task.
- Serve as an evaluation team member, if required.
- Work collaboratively with team members throughout design, implementation, analysis, and report writing to complement each other’s areas of expertise.
- Support MEL capacity building through designing and conducting MEL trainings.
- A Master’s in a relevant field and eight (8) years of related experience, including experience in designing, evaluating and/or assessing donor-funded programming.
- At least four (4) years of relevant prior experience conducting, supporting, or participating in MEL of USAID projects and programs. Familiarity with USAID’s ADS 201 and Evaluation Policy.
- Demonstrable experience and aptitude for developing MEL systems that enable learning and adaptive management.
- Expertise using performance monitoring data for the improvement of ongoing project/activity management, including incorporating portfolio-specific reporting requirements and database management.
- Skills in assessing and improving data quality.
- Skills in training assessment, design, and delivery, with an emphasis on MEL systems and use.
- Experience with data analysis and effective data visualization.
- Excellent English writing, editing, and communication skills.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.