SI is seeking a Local MEL Lead to provide oversight to the MEL components of the project. This is a full-time position, reporting to the Chief of Party (COP), expected to be based in Addis Ababa for the duration of the contract.
Anticipated start date would be summer 2021.
**Please Note: This is a local position. Only Ethiopian candidates are eligible to apply. **
- Provide oversight of MEL activities, including technical assistance and technical direction.
- Provide technical and management expertise in evaluation design and implementation, including data collection and designing surveys, throughout the duration of the evaluation.
- Provide technical management of monitoring activities to ensure compliance with USAID regulations and document program impact, performance and achievement of results.
- Oversee internal data quality assessments to ensure the quality of reported data and maintain well-organized archives for project consortium and partners.
- Oversee and provide technical assistance on CLA and other learning activities, encouraging integration of learning throughout the project’s activities.
- Ensure that short-term technical experts recruited under this contract are of a high caliber and possess the required technical expertise.
- Supervise local technical staff and provide clear direction across the project team.
- Serve as Acting COP as needed.
- Master’s degree in the field of evaluation, international development or a related technical field, or a bachelor’s degree and five years’ experience in addition to the required minimum.
- Prior experience supervising long-term field staff and short-term experts of diverse backgrounds who have M&E skills.
- Demonstrated experience in the oversight and/or management of evaluations, CLA activities, and monitoring activities.
- Breadth of applicable knowledge in monitoring and evaluation design and methods, including data quality assessments, and performance management.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of USAID’s evaluation policy and regulations, prior experience conducting or supporting USAID evaluations.
- Proven supervisory and team building experience, and excellent project management experience.
- Exceptional proficiency in written and spoken English.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.