Resonate Global Mission, a ministry of the Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA), has part-time opening for a Local Mission Leader whose focus will be on Classis Muskegon, women are encouraged to apply. The work of the Mission Leader will be to develop contextual strategies that catalyze the development of mission-shaped congregations, missional leaders, and holistic mission networks and connect global and local partners for mission in their local context and/or ministry focus area.
To apply complete an online application, submitting a current resume and cover letter by January 15, 2020.
1. Participate on the Regional Mission Team, working together to cast vision, develop strategy, and set goals for mission-shaped ministry in the region, in collaboration with local and global partners. Includes monthly meetings with the RMT, either by video-conferencing or face-to-face gatherings.
2. Catalyze the growth of mission-shaped congregations in the local context and/or ministry focus area. Network with local partners to catalyze the birth of new congregations and communities of faith. Connect existing congregations and communities of faith to coaching, training, and resources and to local and global partners that will catalyze their ability and desire to be ministries bearing faithful witness to Christ’s reign and actively making disciples who live in the way of Jesus.
3. Catalyze the growth of missional leaders in the local context and/or ministry focus area by identifying, recruiting, and equipping both lay and ordained leaders, especially ethnic and younger leaders, so that they are equipped to participate in God’s mission of saving lost and renewing all things.
4. Catalyze the growth of local holistic mission networks that unite God’s people locally and globally to work for spiritual and social transformation of their communities.
5. Develop relationships with local partners, including classes, congregations, ecumenical partners, and community partners that support the development of mission-shaped congregations, missional leaders, and holistic mission networks, connecting them with partnerships that enhance this mission locally and globally.
6. Work with the Resonate Diversity Leaders to provide tools and resources for cross-cultural competencies to assist local congregations in connecting with their diverse communities.
7. Serve as a significant liaison/communication link between the Resonate and our local partners.
8. Work with Advancement leaders of the Resonate to provide regional expression to the capacity building strategy of Resonate Global Mission for resourcing mission in their region.
9. Work with the Capacity Building and Innovation Leaders to create regional and global communities and learning and collaboration around missional themes that directly affect the regional context.
10. Other duties and tasks as assigned by the supervisor as the Local Mission Leader role evolves and develops in Resonate Global Mission.
1. Professing membership in a Christian Reformed congregation, or of a church in ecclesiastical fellowship with the CRCNA, and agreement with the doctrine of the church signified by signing a covenant statement.
2. Mature Christian leader with demonstrated mission experience and fruitfulness in global and/or local missions and ministry where they are currently serving
3. Wholly committed to the mission of God through His church, with a heart for the lost and a passion to reach people with the Gospel and be part of the Kingdom movement of God
4. Spirit led person of prayer and discernment who can lead others in this discernment process
5. Awareness of and willingness to continue learning about the missional context in North America and around the world
6. Catalytic leader, with demonstrated ability in vision casting, leadership, team building, coaching, collaboration, and networker, active and influential in their local setting
7. Creative, adaptive and flexible, able to be a non-anxious presence amidst diversity and ambiguity
8. Personally motivated and a self-starter who can accomplish goals and produce results with little direct oversight/management
9. Works across systems and partnerships with ease, building trusting relationships with a variety of partners to build synergy, significant consensus and communal identity
10. Embraces diversity and demonstrates a commitment to racial reconciliation and to enfolding and empowering members of racial and ethnic communities within and outside the CRCNA. Displays a mature awareness and engagement of cross-cultural sensitivities
11. Able to use technology effectively and consistently in order to contribute to the health of a distributed staff network
12. Effective oral and written communication skills
13. Strong interpersonal and relational skills with a servant heart
14. Professing member in good standing in the CRCNA or willing to become one
15. Able and willing to travel as needed to meet duties
16. Will be working out of a home or local office and must have access to reliable internet for video conferencing.
Every LML has a unique focus to their work within a particular context. This Classis Muskegon LML position is asked to focus on the following initiatives within Classis Muskegon:
1. Developing a new campus ministry at Muskegon Community College, including collaboration with local ministry partners and the college, designing a vision and ministry structure, and seeking funding sources for the new ministry. This role does not include assuming the actual campus minister role, although that may be considered at a later date.
2. Interact with each of the churches in classis, representing the Classis Muskegon Ministry Plan, and coaching/consulting with the churches to help them find resources, programs, and processes that help them flourish in mission.
3. Be an active member of the Classis Muskegon Ministries Board.
Bachelor’s degree preferred with some academic engagement on missional topics
2. A minimum of three years ministry leadership experience with demonstrated fruitfulness
3. Coach training, or willingness to participate in coach training, required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. These employees will work from home as part of a distributed team.