SI seeks a full-time Nairobi-based Local Learning Specialist to support learning and CLA activities on the contract, in conjunction with the DCOP.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Kenyan or Somali citizenship will be considered.**
- Assist USAID and IP staff in developing project and activity level AMELPs, PMPs, DQAs, indicators and targets, and performance reviews.
- Support data collection efforts from data systems and project-level M&E plans, and conduct original data collection, reviewing, and advising on collection methodologies.
- Support the mission in conducting annual reviews of PMP indicators.
- Contribute to Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) and other learning activities with the DCOP.
- Master’s degree or higher in international relations, economics, political science, public policy, or a relevant field.
- At least five years of experience in the design and management of MEL plans and learning across activities on an international development project.
- Demonstrated understanding of USAID’s Collaboration, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) framework and approaches.
- Familiarity with designing and measuring against gender-sensitive indicators preferred.
- Prior experience in a high threat environment.
- Excellent English writing skills and speaking ability; Somali language proficiency.
- Must have an understanding of Somali culture and operating environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel to Somalia as needed.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.