Innovation and partnership bond the five institutions of the World Bank Group (WBG): the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) and the International Development Association (IDA), which together form the World Bank; the International Finance Corporation (IFC); the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA); and the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). The World Bank Group is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries. It uses financial resources and extensive experience to help our client countries to reduce poverty, increase economic growth, and improve quality of life. To ensure that countries can access the best global expertise and help generate cutting-edge knowledge, the World Bank Group is constantly seeking to improve the way it works. Key priorities include delivering measurable results, promoting openness and transparency in development, and improving access to development information and data.
ABOUT THE VPU
Information technology is an integral part of the strategic initiatives for all the Core Business Functions at IFC. Corporate Information Technologies (CIT) Teams provide comprehensive IT support for IFC’s Investment & Advisory Services, Financial Operations, Treasury & the Asset Management Company, and oversees the provision of other IT services for IFC through shared services agreements (SSA) with other WBG IT units. A robust engagement model with business ensures prioritization of the business requirements & focus on delivery. The application landscape encompasses a wide variety of In-house and Customized COTS products (such as ACBS, Summit, etc.,) which meets the business needs of IFC departments.
The HQ Information Technology Coordinator (ITC) will serve as the primary support resource for all technical IT matters under his/her purview in Washington, DC. S/he will be tasked with:
(i) providing first line of support and maintenance for all office technology;
(ii) facilitating technology deployment and upgrades, including infrastructure, desktop computing, and back office system administration;
(iii) participating in assessment of technologies; and
(iv) Delivering end-user and desktop training.
The ITC will provide ongoing support for his/her respective location and any visiting staff from IFC’s Country Offices. The ITC represents Corporate Information & Technologies (CIT), thereby shares best practices and disseminates feedback in addition to managing the full range of information technologies for the designated department in HQ. This includes, but is not limited to, addressing daily desktop application and network support, issues concerning the maintenance and implementation of IT standards, knowledge sharing, coordination with CIT, and providing training.
“Total Open Positions = 3”
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 3 year term appointment.Background / General description
Primary point of contact on all matters related to hardware, software and communications support for the location.
• Work closely with other IT support elements (such as ITS IT Client Services, IT Service Desk and Mobile Kiosk).
• Assist in the decision making/planning process of IT needs at the beginning/end of each fiscal year.
• Ordering standard IT equipment for the department, and disposal of retired equipment.
• Maintain a proper inventory of all IT related equipment and software which is reported to CIT on a quarterly basis.
• Participate in the evaluation and piloting of new products and services, both hardware and software.
• Identify and propose IT applications that support the location’s work to CIT and assist in the development and implementation of the application.
• Provide IT training for staff members, particularly for newly hired staff.
• Administer IFC information security standards; including requesting IT accounts, SecurIDs, and remote connectivity (as applicable).
• Coordinate with ICP team to set up, transfer, and discontinue voice and data communication for the staff in the office and at home for Business Continuity designees.
• Provide expertise on all IFC Standard Software and Corporate applications.
• Follow up on all fixes and repairs on IT products in the department.
• Setup video-conference, audio-visual equipment and other electronic devices for presentations or conferences.
• Prepare laptop PCs for mission travel.
• Train laptop users in remote access systems, such as CISCO AnyConnect, Webmail and VDI.
• Disseminate IT information to departmental staff.
• Assist in departmental moves of IT hardware and communications.
• Attend expert training when required and maintain a working knowledge of the IT trends in the business relevant to supporting the IFC IT standards.
• Adhere, advise and enforce the technology standard requirements and procedures of IFC.
• Assist staff in procurement of smart phones and tablets.
• Ensure that the integrity and security of IFC Systems are not compromised from within or outside the corporation.
• Collect feedback on IT services from clients, sharing with the Service Quality team
• Use the ‘Remedy’ call tracking system to track work and analyze reports to identify problem areas and training opportunities.
• Assist staff in use of scanners, digital senders and Bloomberg terminals (as applicable).
• Monitor voice and data communication usage charges for departments, if applicable.
• Assist the budget analyst in preparing requisitions for procuring hardware and software for department use.
• Administer space usage, both with corporate shared network drives and Box.
• Responsible as the Department’s Software Asset Management (SAM) Custodian, with the following responsibilities:
◦ Ensuring compliance with SAM Policy, and SAM Process and Procedure Manual.
◦ Proactively managing their software asset base throughout the entire software asset management lifecycle; supporting software asset analysis and reporting required by Business Software Asset Manager for their location.
◦ Acting as control point for software asset tracking.
◦ Keeping up to date records for all software assets owned by respective Dept/Unit/VPU;
◦ Conducting periodic inventories of all software assets owned by respective Dept/Unit/VPU.
◦ Ensuring the careful use and safekeeping of all software assets owned by respective Dept/Unit/VPU.
◦ Assigning software assets to individual staff and ensuring prompt reclamation upon staff departure in line with SAM Policy, and SAM Process and Procedure Manual.
◦ Ensuring all assets are inventoried in a timely fashion and that the results of the inventory are promptly entered in iSAM.
◦ Following established inventory process as described in the SAM Process and Procedure Manual.
◦ Ensuring that all software installations are consistent with the terms and conditions of the respective software license.DRDuties and Accountabilities
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience in IT support, or equivalent
• Demonstrate initiative, independence and autonomy in addressing client needs in changing business contexts and environments
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook 2013
• Ability to understand problems and issues and deliver solutions
• Collaborative approach and open, helpful attitude toward others
• Use critical thinking and good judgment to make decisions
• Familiarity with World Bank Group IT environment
• Excellent written and verbal communicationsSCSelection Criteria