SI is seeking a Local GIS/Data Analyst to support in GIS and information systems tasks, and in conducting of data analysis on activities. The GIS/Data Analyst will work under the supervision of the Deputy Chief of Party. The position will be full-time over the duration of the project, and will be based in Dakar.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Senegalese citizenship will be considered.**
- Lead and advise on GIS and information systems tasks, and design and carry out online surveys, manage the GIS maps and data, liaise with implementing partners to get GIS project information, review the GIS information and provide GIS products to team.
- Facilitate the development, adoption, maintenance and use of information management systems that support project planning, monitoring, and evaluation and reporting.
- Assist with data collection, data analysis, database management and production of program monitoring reports.
- Maintain a reporting system to track the process of the assessments and evaluations, including actions emanating from them.
- Contribute to drafting of process reports, maintenance of organized records of past activities, tracking of performance systems, and collection of periodic reporting documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS, geography, computer science, engineering, business, or related field.
- Minimum of five years of professional-level experience in monitoring and evaluation, data management, survey design, and GIS/information systems.
- Experience providing GIS technical assistance on USAID-funded projects preferred.
- Experience with data visualization beyond mapping preferred.
- Oral and written French fluency and professional proficiency in English.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.