Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is responding to a Task Order under the USAID/Asia Learning, M&E Support project to perform the CDCS Development Objective 1 Evaluation, Inclusive and Accountable Democracy for the USAID/Mission in the Kyrgyz Republic. The evaluation will determine the extent to which USAID/Kyrgyz Republic has made progress toward achieving the first Development Objective (DO 1) “Inclusive and Accountable Democracy” of its current Country Development Cooperation Strategy. Secondarily, seek evidence on the event to which the theory of change underpinning USAID/KR’s strategic approach toward achieving DO 1 is valid. The period of performance of this evaluation is anticipated to be 12 weeks.
SI is seeking a Local Evaluation/Technical Specialist who will be responsible for the development of evaluation tools, analysis and data collection for the USAID/Kyrgyz Republic CDCS DOI Evaluation, Inclusive and Accountable Democracy task order. Work is expected to take place both remotely and in Bishkek. There may be some additional travel to Osh Oblast and other regions, as necessary.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Kyrgyz citizenship will be considered.**
- Develop evaluation tools and methodology.
- Conduct data analysis and data collection.
- Advise on specialized sectoral experience on rule of law and human rights, civil society strengthening, electoral and political processes and/or media development.
- Work collaboratively with team leader and other team members throughout design, implementation, analysis, and report writing to complement each other’s areas of expertise.
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline and a minimum of six years of experience OR a Ph.D. in a relevant field and four years of experience in rule of law, human rights, civil society strengthening, electoral and political processes, and/or media development.
- Experience in evaluation design and methodology.
- Demonstrated understanding of USAID evaluation policy is preferred.
- Fluency in English is required; proficiency in Russian and/or Kyrgyz is highly preferred.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.