SI is seeking an individual to fill the role of the Local Evaluation Specialist for this mid-term evaluation. The Local Evaluation Specialist will play a critical role in the implementation of the evaluation and the development of all client deliverables. The Local Evaluation Specialist will participate in the development of the desk review, direct data collection and compilation, conduct data analysis, and support the drafting and completion of a final report under the direction of the Team Leader. Following the completion of data collection and analysis, the Local Evaluation Specialist will support the Team Leader in the design and facilitation of a presentation of findings to USAID and a participatory workshop with the LTR implementing partner to obtain feedback and additional inputs, as well as to develop a set of joint recommendations for Activity adjustments as relevant.
The project will begin in late-March 2021 and is projected to be completed in August 2021. Depending on the location of the evaluation team members, some data collection may be conducted remotely. Due to Covid-19 precautions, there is no international travel expected for this assignment. In-country team members will be expected to conduct in-person interviews. The Local Evaluation Specialist is required for approximately 35 days of LOE with the bulk of the LOE occurring April through May.
- Contribute to a desk review of Activity documents
- Support the development of the evaluation design and data collection tools.
- Administer interviews with stakeholders in Lao PDR and coordinate the data collection of in-country team members.
- Conduct data analysis and support the development of project deliverables, including the final report and applicable presentations.
- Prepare and present the findings to USAID LTR partners to validate the findings, obtain additional inputs, and develop joint recommendations.
- Develop and deliver a findings presentation for USAID LCRP, USAID LTR Executive and Advisory Committees, and other relevant partners as appropriate for feedback.
- Work closely with SI HQ team and communicate in a timely and effective manner with all project personnel.
- Advanced degree in a relevant field and at least five years of experience evaluating/assessing development programs (experience with early grade reading, teacher training, inclusive education, and social services programs preferred).
- Experience working on development programs (in a management or M&E capacity) preferred.
- Familiarity with early grade reading, teacher training, inclusive education, and social services sectors in the Laos context strongly preferred.
- Advanced skills in qualitative data collection and analysis, as well as strategic thinking and facilitation skills; experience with EGRA’s a plus.
- Strong team management and interpersonal skills.
- Candidates must be based in Laos.
- Fluency in English and Lao required.