Social Impact is seeking an individual to fulfill the role of Local Evaluation Expert on this activity. The Evaluation Expert will participate in the development of research methods, instruments, and protocols, and will lead local data collection and compilation, facilitate focus group discussions and interviews, conduct data analysis, provide technical inputs, and contribute to the drafting and finalizing of client deliverables as needed.
This is a temporary, part-time position reporting to the U.S.- based Evaluation Team Leader working closely with the SI management team. The period of performance will last from December 2020 – January 2021, and will require 10 days of effort.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Ukrainian citizenship will be considered.**
- Maintain clear and regular communication with the research team and HQ support staff and ensure the HQ team is made aware of any risks, problems, or challenges that arise in a timely manner.
- Organize and conduct focus group discussions (FGDs), key informant interviews, and/or surveys of beneficiaries and partners of ECA’s countering disinformation programming in Ukraine.
- Collect, clean, store, and manage both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Share research results with the Evaluation Team Leader and SI HQ project staff.
- Travel within Ukraine for fieldwork as needed.
- At least five years of experience conducting evaluations and qualitative research.
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in sociology, media, communications, or another relevant field.
- Experience with the full life cycle of qualitative data collection, including focus group discussions and key informant interviews.
- Ability and previous experience conducting qualitative data collection both in-person and remotely (phone, web conferencing platforms, etc.).
- Experience handling logistics of data collection (setting up interviews, tracking completions, locating participants, identifying and setting up locations for interviews and focus groups, etc.).
- Experience in media literacy and countering disinformation programming strongly preferred.
- Prior work with U.S. government agencies such as the Department of State, USAID, MCC, etc. preferred.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, writing, and presentation skills.
- Verbal and written fluency in Ukrainian, Russian and English.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.