The assessment will include desk research with the possibility of virtual and/or on-site primary data collection in Laos to fill the knowledge gaps that may remain from the desk research. The deliverables of this assessment will be a stakeholder mapping analysis and an analytical literature review. The Contractor shall submit the deliverables according to the timeline specified in the Task Order.
Social Impact is seeking a local Entrepreneurship and Research Specialist to provide technical support to the assessment of entrepreneurship in Lao PDR. The local Entrepreneurship and Research Specialist will ensure technically sound information and analysis throughout the planning, implementation and reporting processes, assuring that data gathered adequately addresses the assessment questions. This position is short-term and will be based in Lao PDR.
**Please Note: this is a local position. Only candidates with Lao citizenship will be considered.**
- Contribute to the desk review by reading Lao literature and preparing summaries in English.
- Support the assessment team with primary data collection among the entrepreneurship community in Laos.
- Synthesize and analyze data collected in a rigorous manner to produce clear and evidence-based findings, conclusions and recommendations.
- Synthesize data from secondary sources as requested and produce visualizations for the draft report.
- Provide support to draft the evaluation report including writing sections of the report, creating tables and visualizations and drafting annexes as requested.
- Advanced degree in international affairs, business, economics, or related field.
- A minimum of four years of experience in research around topics related to entrepreneurship.
- Background in international development with prior experience on assessments.
- Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to work independently to meet deadlines and adhere to high quality standards.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in Lao PDR required.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Lao required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.