- A credit intervention, ideally in which the connection cost is amortized into the electricity bill – terms of credit such as loan term and interest rate may be varied;
- An intervention to reduce the administrative burden of connecting to the grid.
SI is seeking Local Electricity Connection Experts to serve as intermittent consultants, support the experiment design, provide technical expertise in developing survey questions, and complete various other tasks as requested by the supervisory economist. Please note that this need is anticipated for an upcoming proposal that has not been awarded.
** Please note: This is a local position, and is open only to citizens from Francophone Africa. **
- Assist in the design of the experiment in conjunction with the Supervisory Economist.
- Provide subject matter expertise in electricity grid connections for households and firms.
- Provide technical expertise to develop survey questions.
- Contribute to the final report.
- Master’s degree in economics, public policy, or other related field required. PhD preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience in international development and electrification.
- Must be willing to travel to Burkina Faso for on-site field work.
- Proven ability to advise and provide technical expertise in the field of electrification.
- Oral and written fluency in English and French.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.