SI is seeking an individual to fill the role of the Local Education Specialist for this mid-term evaluation. The Local Education Specialist will provide technical support to the evaluation team on all client deliverables. The Local Education Specialist is responsible for ensuring the evaluation design, data collection, and analysis is responsive to the local context in the sector. The Local Education Specialist will participate in the development of the desk review,
direct data collection and compilation, conduct data analysis, and support the drafting and completion of a final report under the direction of the Team Leader. Following the completion of data collection and analysis, the Local Education Specialist will support the Team Leader in the design and facilitation of a presentation of findings to USAID and a participatory workshop with the LTR implanting partner to obtain feedback and additional inputs, as well as to develop a set of joint recommendations for Activity adjustments as relevant.
The project will begin in late-March 2021 and is projected to be completed in August 2021. Depending on the location of the evaluation team members, some data collection may be conducted remotely. Due to Covid-19 precautions, there is no international travel expected for this assignment. In-country team members will be expected to conduct in-person interviews. The Local Evaluation Specialist is required for approximately 25 days of LOE with the bulk of the LOE occurring April through May.
- Support the development of the evaluation design and data collection tools.
- Administer select interviews with stakeholders in Lao PDR as requested.
- Provide technical guidance to the development of project deliverables, including the evaluation design, data collection tools, final report, and applicable presentations.
- Support the presentation of the findings to USAID LTR partners and USAID LCRP, USAID LTR Executive and Advisory Committees, and other relevant partners as appropriate for feedback.
- Work closely with SI HQ team and communicate in a timely and effective manner with all project personnel.
- Advanced degree in a relevant field and at least ten years of experience managing, consulting with, or evaluating/assessing development programs related to early grade reading, teacher training, inclusive education, and/or social services.
- Experience with USAID-funded programs preferred.
- Familiarity with Laos and/or regional experience strongly preferred.
- Advanced quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis, as well as strategic thinking and facilitation skills.
- Candidates must be based in Laos.
- Fluency in English required.