DAI seeks a Local Content Portal Manager for a secondment to the Sierra Leone Local Content Agency (SLLCA).
The Sierra Leone Local Content Agency (SLLCA) is a government Regulatory Agency charged with the responsibility to provide for the development of Sierra Leone Local Content in a range of sectors of the economy such as industrial, manufacturing, mining, petroleum, marine resources, agriculture, transportation, maritime, aviation, hotel and tourism, procurement of goods and services; public works, construction, health and energy sectors.
This is a rewarding role that will play a key part in boosting the value delivered to Sierra Leonian businesses, workforce and communities from the activities of large multinational companies.
The LC Portal Manager will be responsible for the Online Platform, Local Content Plan and Report (LCPR), a portal used by companies to report Local Content performance across procurement, workforce and capacity development, and to generate the Local Content Scorecard as stipulated by the 2016 Local Content Agency Act.
The Portal Manager will be responsible for overseeing the use of the Portal by companies, and monitoring compliance with the regulations, and adherence to the targets set by the Local Content plans.
- Data sourcing and management from companies;
- Training new company users on Portal functionality;
- Ad hoc support of Portal users for front end queries: data entry, user profile creation and management, dashboard and data exports
- Verification of reported data;
- Verification of the compliance of Local Content Plans with requirements;
- Tracking of performance against Local Content plan targets and activities;
- Updating the Director General through Director of Operations on progress and compliance;
- Data analysis and production of quarterly, biannual and annual Local Content performance reports.
Desired skills and experience:
- Ability to work independently to meet critical and competing deadlines to produce high quality work in short timeframes;
- Demonstrated competency in research, Monitoring and Evaluation and policy analysis, including ability to identify and explain complex policy issues;
- Experience with using reporting systems and MS Excel;
- Numerate; experience of data analysis and interpretation;
- Expert speaking, writing and consulting skills;
- Familiarity with Local Content policy/Act and regulations;
- Experience of auditing, accounting and procurement;
- Ability to work productively with others as part of a team;
- Ability to interpret legislation and prepare drafting instructions for Legislative Counsel;
- Analytical Thinking – the ability to comprehend a situation by breaking it down into its components and identifying key or underlying complex issues;
- Leadership – a desire to lead others, including diverse teams.
Education, Training and Experience:
- University degree (preferably a post-graduate degree) in Auditing, Accounting, Management Information System or Public Procurement; or an equivalent combination of education, training and a minimum of 5 years directly relevant experience;
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience working in a policy and/or legislative environment providing independent research, analysis and advice on complex issues, including evaluation of options and recommendations;
- Experience meeting, consulting and corresponding with Private sector partners, and stakeholder groups on policy proposals and existing government policies, including explanation of technical details on complex issues;
- Considerable experience preparing briefing materials for Director General through Director of Operations and/or analysing data;
- Experience managing legislative/policy projects, and implementing policy decisions.
Freetown, with possibility of travelling to the province.
Deadline for submission of applications:
15th July, 2020
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter to Mobola_Sandey@dai.com. Applicants should note the position of interest in the subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. EOE – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.