USAID/Vietnam has developed a strong partnership with the Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI) since early 2000s under the Support for Trade Acceleration Project (STAR). The recent launch of the LinkSME project in September 2018 of which MPI is a direct counterpart is a higher level of partnership between the two government agencies. In the coming year(s), the Economic Growth and Governance (EG2) office expects to expand significantly its programming to support Vietnam’s Economic Competitiveness, with one activity, Improving Private Sector Competitiveness (IPS-C) under design, and at least three other activities identified for further development.
Since these activities are well aligned with the goals and priorities of MPI, EG2 has initiated discussion with the Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI) to develop a framework cooperation agreement called a Limited Scope Grant Agreement (LSGA). The estimated amount of the LSGA is $80 million over a five-year period. The LSGA would enable USAID and MPI to expand and deepen the current level of cooperation, increase MPI’s ownership of activities under its aegis, and build their capacity to coordinate with other line ministries and government agencies.
Because the LSGA is a relatively new type of agreement for USAID/Vietnam and for MPI, EG2 requires a local consultant to support the LSGA process so that it can be finalized in an expedited manner.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve sustainable results through the coordination and cooperation with the Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI) and relevant Government of Vietnam (GVN) agencies;
- Demonstrated familiarity with the regulations of the GVN in general and of MPI in particular regarding signing a technical assistance agreement with a donor;
- Experience working with different stakeholders;
- Fluency in Vietnamese and in-depth knowledge of the operating environment in Vietnam preferred; and,
- Demonstrated excellent writing and spoken English skills are required
- To coordinate with USAID, Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI) and relevant ministries to sign the Limited Scope Grant Agreement (LSGA) no later than February 28, 2020
- To coordinate with MPI’s External Economic Relations Department, Agency for Enterprise Development (AED) and relevant departments/agencies to develop and finalize a package of supporting documents in Vietnamese for the LSGA no later than December 27, 2019
- To facilitate the clearance and approval process from the Government of Vietnam (GVN) side to meet the proposed deadline for the signing ceremony
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.