Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for two (2) potential Local Consultant positions on USAID’s Forest Governance in Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands project, with an anticipated request for proposals (RFP) between May and July of 2020. This regional sustainable landscape program will address (1) the drivers of deforestation and forest degradation, (2) unsustainable forest and land management, (3) the lack of data to inform forest and land management decisions, and (4) the lack of participatory land use planning and livelihood opportunities for forest-dependent communities in Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands.
Tetra Tech is seeking two consultants – one based in Papua New Guinea (PNG) and one based in Solomon Islands (SI) – who will lead Pre-RFP intelligence-gathering, partner identification and recruitment tasks in PNG and SI respectively to support proposal development for this opportunity.
Place of Performance: Port Moresby or Honiara.
Estimated Timeline: Work to take place from May – July 2020 with the possibility of an extension depending on the release of additional information from USAID.
* Obtain names and contact information for high quality international/regional and local staff from relevant current and recent past donor projects;
* Obtain names and contact info for reliable local and international partners–associations, NGO/CSOs, universities, think tanks, private sector entities and relevant service providers from current and recent past projects;
* Identify relevant current and recent past donor (EU, UNDP, WB, USAID, SIDA, GTZ, Swiss) projects related to the forestry or other related sectors and aid in assessing what they see as the main opportunities and obstacles to sustainable forest management and effective forest governance;
* Identify key forestry and related land use (timber, palm oil, etc) companies and arrange interviews with them as to what they see as the main opportunities and obstacles to sustainable forest management;
* Arrange interviews with: [In PNG] Conservation & Environment Protection Authority (CEPA); Papua New Guinea Forest Authority (PNGFA); Department of Lands & Physical Planning; and other government agencies as needed. [In SI]: Ministry of Forestry and Research; Ministry of Lands, Housing and Survey; and other government agencies as needed;
* Assist Tetra Tech with gathering information to determine potential geographic scope of the project in respective countries;
* Other duties as assigned.
* University degree or higher preferable, but not required.
* Experience in donor-funded projects related to forestry and other relevant technical areas highly preferred;
* Experience working with relevant government ministries and/or civil society organizations;
* Extensive professional networks and contacts within relevant government institutions and civil society organizations is required;
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.