QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
QED is preparing to bid on the upcoming USAID/Senegal Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity. The purpose of this Activity is to provide analytical and advisory services to USAID/Senegal to support project design, performance monitoring and evaluation, and learning. This project will focus on CLA, capacity building, and resilience.
We are seeking a Local Capacity Building Lead to be full time and based in Dakar, Senegal for the duration of this five-year Activity.
- Support the development and implementation of the activities related to training and capacity building in M&E
Establish and implement a capacity building platform to build the capacity of USAID/Senegal staff and select stakeholders to perform high-quality performance monitoring and verification
- Provide training to build the capacity of local implementing partners and government officials to improve the effectiveness of performance management, projects and M&E plans using best practices
- Facilitate strong collaboration, learning and adapting practices, including techniques for gathering, organizing, disseminating and applying knowledge throughout the program cycle
- Develop a comprehensive plan that outlines key learning and knowledge management questions, stakeholders and their roles, and broad stakeholder engagement at multiple levels
- Foster strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, serve as a convener for dialogue and learning around emerging issues, and coordinate efforts among partners
- Assist and play a role in the production of reports, such as quarterly and annual reports, training manuals and reports arising out of its activities as required by USAID
- Master’s degree in social sciences, communications, or relevant area
- Minimum of eight years of experience in M&E capacity building and training at the organization and individual level
- Demonstrated skills in capacity building and M&E methodologies and approaches, especially under USAID-funded projects
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with Senegalese counterparts and government officials
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring abilities
- Prior experience building capacity of USAID Mission staff in M&E preferred
- Oral and written English and French fluency
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application.
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
A submitted application to QED in response to a position on a bid or proposal, indicates your agreement to be included in our submission to the client at least on an illustrative named basis.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.