- Generic responsibilities:
- Support the implementation of Food Security & Livelihoods projects in Badghis area office in line with proposals, NRC strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality. Including:
- Overseeing the beneficiary selection process, based on guidance and procedures set by the Food Security and Livelihoods Specialist in Kabul.
- Keeping clear and up-to-date records of distributions and activity implementation progress.
- Ensuring that baseline assessments are carried out on time, including participating in data collection and data analysis as needed.
- Ensuring that M&E plans are implemented on time, working closely with the M&E team in the Badghis and Kabul Offices.
- Providing information as requested by the Grants/ M&E units in Kabul for reporting purposes
- Share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Specific responsibilities:
- Support the implementation and monitoring of livelihood projects in areas of origin (including agricultural livelihoods) – e.g. rehabilitation of irrigation infrastructure, provision of inputs, cash grants, trainings to farmers and pastoralists in Bala Murghab or Muqur districts.
- Support cash/food/ voucher distributions in IDP settlements in Badghis
- Support the implementation of livelihoods/small business development projects in IDP settlements (e.g. setting up small shops, linking handicrafts with buyers, conduct market surveys etc)
- Provide regular progress reports and flag any challenges or implementation delays to the Livelihoods and Food Security Coordinator.
- Coordinate with relevant partners Badghis province to implement livelihoods and food security projects – including other development and humanitarian organizations, government, and community leaders.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience working in agriculture, livelihoods or food security programmes for NGOs/ UN/ government.
- Experience implementing development or humanitarian projects
- Strong computer skills (proficiency in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel is mandatory)
- Creativity, curiosity and willingness to try new things and to challenge the status quo
- A positive and collaborative attitude and willingness to work in a team
- Experience working with vulnerable communities and people (displaced people, women, youth).
- Good written and spoken English and Dari, good spoken Pashto.
- Education title: Bachelor Degree in agriculture, food security, economics, business development/ entrepreneurship or related field.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labor Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected