- Generic responsibilities
- Lead and manage the LFS emergency distribution team in Badghis
- Share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Specific responsibilities
- Organize, plan and implement cash/food/ voucher distributions in the IDP settlements in Qala-e-Naw
- Participate in market assessments as needed, with the support the Kabul-based Cash & Markets Advisor
- Conduct regular visits to project sites and engage with beneficiaries directly (at least twice a week) – to evaluate activity progress and results, and ensure that LFS field staff are conducting timely field monitoring and reporting properly.
- Provide regular progress reports and flag any challenges or implementation delays to the Livelihoods and Food Security Specialist in Kabul.
- Coordinate with relevant partners in Badghis province – including other development and humanitarian organizations, government, and community leaders.
- Experience managing and implementing development or humanitarian projects
- Experience working in the private sector in small-business development (setting up or running small businesses) is a plus.
- Experience with drafting and managing budgets
- Strong computer skills (proficiency in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel is mandatory)
- Creativity, curiosity and willingness to try new things and to challenge the status quo
- A positive and collaborative attitude and willingness to work in a team
- Experience working with vulnerable communities and people (displaced people, women, youth).
- Willingness to travel to project sites throughout Badghis province (including Bala Murghab and Muqur districts), and to Kabul.
- Good written and spoken English and Dari. Good spoken Pashto.
- Strong analytical skills (experience in collecting and analysing data and drawing conclusions and recommendations from findings)
- Education title: Bachelor Degree in agriculture, food security, economics, business development/ entrepreneurship or related field.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labor Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected