The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) in the CAR is recruiting an experienced and highly qualified Livelihood Officer to ensure the management and planning of activities related to the DRC project in CAR.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international Danish non-governmental organization that promotes and implements durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced persons throughout the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict countries helping displaced populations through shelter construction, food provision, income generation, legal aid and a wide range of other services protection.
About DRC in CAR
DRC is one of the largest INGOs in the Central African Republic, working in three regions (Ouham, Ouham-Pendé, Ombella-M’Poko). The programmatic strategy focuses on the following three sectors: protection and social cohesion; economic recovery and livelihoods; emergency response to the immediate needs of displacement.
Overall purpose of the role:
Under the direct supervision of the Base Manager & Emergency PM, the Food Security and Livelihood Officer is in charge of the implementation of the food security and livelihood components of the Danish Council for Refugees multisectoral emergency project in the prefecture of the country. Ouham with a very close follow-up of the teams of the sector of activity while providing them with advices and supporting the implementation of the budgetary control, M & E and reports. In relation to the technical support of the coordination, she / he will also provide technical expertise on food security and livelihoods of the project from a strategic and programmatic point of view
- Ensure the implementation of the food security / livelihood activities and participate in the technical assessments of the sector, including MSA, in order to determine the sectoral intervention strategy in synergy with all the operational programming departments of DRC in its intervention zone.
- Consolidate and evaluate food security / livelihood activities implemented in a spirit of synergy and integration of DRC action in its area of intervention.
- Participate in the monitoring and analysis of the overall budget, financial management and expenditure control for the assigned program components in accordance with the rules and guidelines of the DRC and / or the donors as agreed.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of all purchases related respectively to the food security / livelihood component with an effective responsibility for the quality, the follow-up of the purchases and the routing of these program items in his area of intervention in a timely manner and in accordance with the requirements of the donors.
- Monitoring the quality of programming throughout the project cycle through initiatives such as beneficiary consultation, market analysis, impact assessment and innovation, etc.
- Organize the implementation of the M & E processes and the monitoring of project impacts in collaboration with the M & E department.
- Help assess relevance and provide technical advice for improving the DRC’s emergency response.
Food Security/Livelihood support :
- Provide technical expertise and training to the teams.
- Ensure the quality of cash for work activities in communities.
- Ensure the quality of FSL activities implemented and design tools for program implementation.
- Provides strategic technical inputs to Base Manager and Coordination.
Team Management :
- Ensure the supervision and total management of the team (HR monitoring, performance evaluation, regular coaching, and coordination between the different members of his team).
- Provide technical advice related to the business line (food security and livelihoods) to the teams to ensure the quality of the implementation of the entire program.
Reporting and program Development :
- Support the Base Manager & Emergency PM in the drafting of the various reports (weekly, monthly and donors) with a focus on quality analysis and timely submission.
- Ensure the veracity of the indicators collected throughout the project through regular checks of activity sheets and data encoding with M & E agents and regular coaching of sector program staffs on the filling of activity sheets.
- Participate in the identification and development of new food security and emergency response projects in the case of synergy of interventions, in collaboration with the Base Manager & Emergency PM and Coordination, providing input technical (by writing parts of proposals including technical annexes) from needs and experiences assessments from a strategic point of view.
- Participate in sector cluster meetings with counterparts from other humanitarian organizations, local actors, UN agencies and government sectoral structures in the area of intervention.
- Participate in internal coordination meetings and on a regular basis with all DRC field operational departments in the Ouham prefecture and the Bangui coordination team, as appropriate.
Other transversal responsibilities :
- Participate in the establishment of accountability mechanisms for beneficiaries and communities of the overall project in the intervention area (participation and effective communication at all stages of the project cycle)
- Participate in team compliance with the DRC Code of Conduct and Accountability Framework and with donor guidelines governing projects in general in CAR and in particular in Ouham prefecture.
- Participate, in collaboration with the Project Manager and Base Manager, in the day-to-day security of Emergency Department personnel in accordance with the procedures (Chapters 19-20 of the Operations Manual) Alerts / Communication, Prevention, Incident Management and monitoring.
- In addition to the responsibilities enumerated above, the present job description is subject to change depending on operational needs.
Relevant higher technical educational background (Master/Post Graduate) in food security, agriculture or program management.
At least 3 years of experience in humanitarian program management
Experience implementing food security/livelihood/cash projects
Experience in emergency settings
Experience working in conflict settings
Strong experience and proven record in multi-sectorial project management
English (professional proficiency)
DRC offers a renewable 1-year contract. The successful candidate is expected on the mission as soon as possible.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to http://www.drc.dk under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level A-18.
Please apply online at http://www.drc.dk under Current Vacancies.
Applications must contain a CV (maximum of 04 pages) and a cover letter in English or French. Files with only CVs will not be retained. Applications sent by e-mail are not accepted and will not be considered.
Closing date of the announcement: Friday, July 27, 2018.
If you encounter problems with your application on the DRC website, please contact : email@example.com ; For more information on the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) please visit our website : www.drc.ngo