WHO ARE WE?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
ABOUT THE JOB
DRC is currently leading a consortium, funded by the EU, to support youth, potential migrants and job seekers to develop enhanced market driven skills and knowledge for improved employability, income generation and resilience. The consortium consists of 4 members (DRC, Mercy Corps, Aga Khan Foundation, and DACAAR). The Livelihood officer will be responsible for implementation of the project and ensuring proper coordination with stakeholders, managing the VTCs and take care of project procurement and regular visit and monitoring of the VTCs. He/she will work closely with the TVET National Manager and will ensure the implementation of quality programming in coordination with other program staff.
In this position, you will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure consistent implementation with the consortium methodology and tools and ensuring that implementation is appropriate and of high quality
- Work closely with government departments, private sector and community for smooth and quality implementation of the project.
- Prepare high quality plan to ensure effective implementation of the Program.
- Conducting different capacity building trainings for the TVET Trainees in regards to business startup
- Coordination with local government, private sector and community for linkage of the TVET graduates to labor market
- Market assessment in target area
- Work placement for graduated trainees
- Beneficiaries assessment
- Coordination with DoRR and DoLSAMD
- Record keeping (Filling system) of the relevant part of the project
- Ensure the establishment of small and medium enterprises activities for male and female beneficiaries
- Actively promote DRC among the partners and donors.
- Will represent DRC, as advised by supervisor among different stakeholders.
- Carry out any other tasks delegated by his/her supervisor.
Position’s Specific Objectives and responsibilities
- The Marketing officer will be responsible for implementation of the project and ensuring proper coordination with stakeholders and ensure the linkage of graduated trainees to the labor market. He/she will work closely with the TVET National Manager and will ensure the implementation of quality programming in coordination with other program staff.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
- Experience in TVET and other forms of vocational skills training programs
- Strong experience in working with private sector and marketing
- Commitment to working with vulnerable groups in need regardless of race, religion or gender.
- Understanding of working together with local partners.
- Sharp problem solving skills.
- Proven written and oral communication skills.
- Strong written and spoken English; Fluent Dari/Pashto.
- Excellent representational and community mobilization skills.
- Sound ability and experience in linkage of the graduated trainees with labor market
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a multi-location/ mixed team.
- Good knowledge of MS office software such as Excel, Word, and Access.
- Carry out any other tasks delegated by his/her supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree, a preference for social science/ education; Masters’ Degree is preferred.
Good knowledge of English and fluency in Dari / Pashto
DRC’S CORE COMPETENCIES:
• Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process
• Collaboration: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback
• Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC-DDG vision and values.
• Availability: As soon as possible
• Duty station: Kabul
• DRC-DDG will offer the successful applicant a contract till end of 2018, extendable based on funding and performance.
• Salary and conditions will be in accordance with NTA Salary Scale, Grade D, Level 1 equal to 38,000 AFN per month.
Number of positions: Two (2)
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking the Apply Button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
Applications close 26 September 2018. However, please note due to the urgency of this position, shortlisting process will be ongoing. Should we find qualified candidates prior to expiry of this advert, interviews will be held immediately.