WYG will become Tetra Tech in 2021 and with it comes new and exciting opportunities. We are looking for motivated and skilled bat ecologists – particularly those with Class Licences – to join our ambitious National team.
We would love to hear from people with experience across a diversity of sectors, including infrastructure, and the confidence to liaise directly with both clients and stakeholders. We are looking to fill fixed-term project-specific roles, seasonal support roles and permanent appointments, all across the Midlands.
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, leading and producing technical reports for a range of bat surveys. The fieldwork could take place in a variety of urban and rural settings across the Midlands and, less frequently, beyond. Experience Ecological Appraisals/Phase 1’s, other protected species surveys or Ecological Clerk of Works roles would also be desirable, for when our varied workloads dictate.
All candidates, particularly Consultant to Principal, are encouraged to apply. Experience of development licences, project management experience, and Security Clearance is also desirable.
A relevant degree, full driving licence, membership of (or eligibility to join) CIEEM and a legal entitlement to work in the UK are essential for this role.
We also understand how ecologists think and work and have introduced tailored measures to allow the team to fulfil their potential:
- With 60 permanent ecologists across 12 offices, we work hard to operate as one cohesive team to minimise time away from home, maximise bespoke training and support from our in-house experts regardless of location, and to allow the best people to work on the projects that interest them and deliver them to the highest standards.
- All our teams are successfully working remotely and flexibly at present, and our IT systems enable us to work seamlessly, so your proximity to one of our offices is not a barrier to joining us – we want to focus on your talents & skills, not your postcode.
- Given that all grades of ecologist complete site visits and meetings, we provide cars or car allowances to every member of the team, including for personal use.
- We encourage the development of well-rounded ecologists who can talk about all stages of a project rather than just a niche area.
- Our Chartership scheme rewards those ecologists who spend time and effort in achieving CEcol or CEnv through CIEEM with a significant financial sum – we know it’s not easy!
- We also have an established TOIL system which allows ecologists to manage their time to suit their specific personal needs, alongside the seasonal demands of the role.
- We work closely with many other teams, including our own Planners, Archaeologists, Landscape Architects, Masterplanners and Engineers. With a culture of openness, there is always someone within the business who can provide advice and support for almost any query.
If the timing’s not quite right for you, do still to get in touch as we will always consider bespoke working arrangements or deferred start dates to secure the best people.
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are now part of the Tetra Tech group, a leading provider of consulting, engineering, programme management, construction management, and technical services. As part of the Tetra Tech team – 20,000 people in over 450 global locations – we can achieve more for our clients and staff, through a wider alliance of services and industry expertise across our markets.