We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Assignment Title: Libya Public Financial Management (LPFM) – Evaluation Team Lead
Department/Location: CCG/Home based
Technical Point of Contact: Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)
USAID/Libya has requested that IBTCI’s Monitoring and Evaluation for Tunisia and Libya (METAL) project conduct a final evaluation of its public financial management Activity, LPFM, in order to capture information on the diverse areas in which LPFM is able to achieve real impact and promote meaningful change. LPFM is comprised of five components: 1) building the capacity of the Ministry of Finance’s macro-fiscal unit; 2) promoting fiscal decentralization in coordination with local and national organizations; 3) strengthening civil society’s contribution to and oversight of municipal budget execution and implementation; 4) assist key energy sector partners to develop a demand-side management action plan; and 5) stimulate private sector development through improved economic governance and reform of associated laws, regulations, and policies.
The timing of the assignment will be determined by USAID/Libya, approximately May to August 2021 and total Level of Effort will be approximately 60 days.
This is a home based remote assignment.
Scope of Work:
Tasks could include but not be limited to:
- Finalize the evaluation design, coordinate activities, arrange periodic meetings, consolidate individual input from team members, and coordinate and finalize all deliverables, including the inception report, in brief, presentations of preliminary and final findings and recommendations, and final draft report;
- Lead the preparation and presentation of the key evaluation findings and recommendations to the USAID/Libya team and major stakeholders.
- Serve in the above consultant capacity to support the IBTCI technical practices of Crisis, Conflict & Governance, Agriculture & Food Security & Economic, Education & Growth and Global Health and/or Business Development divisions.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
- Master’s Degree with 12 years of relevant work experience;
- Demonstrated expertise in leading evaluations of democracy and governance programming, specifically efforts aimed at promoting fiscal decentralization and municipal financial management.
- Familiarity with USAID’s objectives, approaches and operations, particularly as they relate to evaluation methods of performance evaluations;
- Superior analytical, interpersonal, and English written and verbal communication skills.
Education: Master’s degree required in a relevant social science or other related field.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience evaluating USAID public financial management and economic governance programming;
- Knowledge of international development programs that aim to strengthen public accounting systems, fiscal decentralization, financial accountability at the local level, promote laws, regulations, and policies that strengthen economic governance.
- Experience leading program/project evaluation teams;
- An understanding of the political environment in Libya;
- Excellent communication, team management, and leadership skills.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at TalentAcquisition@ibtci.com.