We are seeking a self-motivated individual to complement and enhance our Waste and Resource Management team.
This role involves undertaking our street cleanliness survey services which we provide to clients in the public and private sectors. These surveys consist of assessing levels of Litter, Detritus, Graffiti and Fly-posting as well as other indicators, to assist councils in improving the natural environment for their communities, and help ensure their street cleaning services are efficient and good value for money.
Experience and relevant qualifications are not essential as all training will be provided. We essentially require an individual who is dependable, trustworthy, self-motivated, committed to working outdoors and driving to various locations in south east England
The individual will report to the Local Environmental Quality (LEQ) Manager. They must be able to complete tasks in a timely manner and to the highest standard. We are looking for a ‘safe pair of hands’ to reliably deliver these important survey works for our clients.
The individual must be prepared to work outside all year round and the role does involve significant walking. Therefore, it would suit someone who likes working outdoors. Survey works will be conducted throughout London and the South of England, at times involving staying overnight. You will be required to hold a valid driving licence and, ideally, be a car owner.
We are looking for a keen, dependable, versatile individual who can adopt a flexible approach to their role to provide support to all team members as workload dictates.
- Conduct street cleanliness surveys to a high standard, in accordance with a standard methodology and the agreed timescales;
- Work in a safe way, and comply with risk assessments, including making suggestions for improvements; and
- Provide support to other team members and assist on appropriate projects as required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to follow instructions and maintain accurate records of information;
- Good computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Good numeracy, literacy and communication skills;
- Holds 5 GCSE’s (A – C grade), including English and Maths; and
- Practical surveying / data collection experience (direct or transferable) may be an advantage.
In return for your dedication, you’ll enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including;
- contributory pension,
- life insurance,
- health cover and
- flexible working options.
Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including childcare, additional holiday and travel insurance.
You’ll also benefit from a tailored package or professional training and development, with support to achieve your career goals.