Chemonics International, a Washington D.C.-based international development organization, seeks to fill the position of Legal and Policy Specialist for the anticipated USAID Strengthening Ethiopian Civic Voice and Agency (SECVA) project in Ethiopia. The $10-25 million, five-year project will aim to strengthen sub-national government, increase citizen engagement, and strengthen civil society oversight using locally led, problem-driven, adaptive approaches. The Legal and Policy Specialist will be based in Addis and be responsible for leading all policy activities on the project. Candidates should possess extensive knowledge of effective legal and policy activities in Ethiopia. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Lead implementation of the project’s policy review, reform, and design activities in support of a strengthened and more effective local government.
- Support all initiatives related to policy reform, an enabling environment for private investment, and public-private partnerships.
- Ensure productive relationships with other donors, government counterparts, local organizations, and other stakeholders related to all policy activities.
- At least 8 years’ experience working in development, preferably in the area of public policy, public administration or law.
- Advanced degree in a relevant field; J.D. or L.L.M. preferred
- Experience interacting with host-government agencies and the private sector
- Strong understanding of business enabling environment improvement programs, including with respect to enforcement of contracts
- Previous experience working on a USAID or similar donor-funded projects in judicial and legal reform preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Oral and written fluency in English required
How to Apply:
To apply visit this link. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Applications will be accepted until March 15, 2022.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
COVID-19 Recruitment Information
Chemonics International is monitoring COVID-19 activity around the world. The health and wellbeing of our staff is of the utmost importance to us, and we continue to hire for all open roles with interviewing and on-boarding done virtually.