- Job Title: Leather & Livestock Sector Coordinator
- Reports to: Agro-Industrial Group (AIG) Lead
- Line manager of: Leather & Livestock Intervention Manager (IM) and Senior IM
- Job Summary:
The SC will be specialised in at least one segment/market of leather value chain in which s/he will play the role of an Intervention Manager. The IM’s role of the job is to identify relevant business opportunities that can benefit the poor and will be of interest to – businesses serving those markets. With knowledgeable understanding of the ‘big picture’ of the economy, the SC, is to determine what constrains companies from working with the poor and will then, in partnership, develop bankable and sustainable solutions/interventions those also raise incomes and create jobs for the poor. EP may often pilot-test those ‘missed opportunity’- interventions for further tuning of the business case and also realizing others to be attracted and then scale-up the venture. The SC endeavours to create ecosystem of the LAL sector in the country where the organization and partners would be working.
- Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist and coordinate SIM/IMs in analysis and problem-solving: Support the LAL Team to gather data and information, at times through small studies if requires, either primary or secondary as relevant, to assist IMs to understand and diagnose constraints and opportunities for poor people and businesses. This includes also identification of actors as well as governing laws and rules in the specific markets. Lead the monitoring of new developments in the sector and identify possible opportunities and threats for the LAL sector.
- Assist and coordinate SIM/IMs and self in reporting and presentation: Support the LAL Team to prepare and present market strategies and intervention plans internally. Pitch opportunities to businesses externally as a LAL representative.
- Assist in LAL business planning: Develop bankable business case in teams and convince core-management for promoting among potential partner businesses; support IMs and self to facilitate development of respective business plans by potential partners.
- Assist LAL Team in project and results management: Facilitate for smooth implementation of the business plan of the LAL Team. Assess and communicate results as necessary for updating, decision-making and investment. Support the LAL Team to develop concept notes and respectively interventions guides based on market research outputs. Compile and ensure quality of periodic and ad hoc performance reports and share internally or externally as relevant.
- Communication & facilitation: Represent LAL to communicate with stakeholders on relevant issues in the areas of concern of the sector. Facilitate networking, meeting and negotiation among relevant stakeholders. Provide advice or information as required to relevant bodies.
- Documentation & learnings: Manage and ensure quality documentation of relevant documents. Assist LAL Team to compile learning and facilitate experience sharing among actors. Develop stories, in collaboration with other SIM/IMs, which can help the stakeholders for learning purposes. Prepare and assist SIM/IMs in periodic and ad hoc performance reports.
- Others: Contribute to the programme team building and knowledge development. Perform other duties as assigned and required.
Education: BA/BSc/MA/MBA/MSc Degree in Agriculture, Economics, Marketing, Management, International Relations or relate fields.
Experience: Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience in the international leather market with at least 5 years of experience of managing a technical team. International working experience is necessary.
Special training: Competency in MS Office and professional level competency in English language; training in social enterprises.