International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Learning Specialist
Department/Location: Juba, South Sudan
Reports To: Deputy Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
IBTCI is currently seeking a Learning Specialist for an upcoming Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) project in South Sudan, funded by USAID. This a full time, position based in Juba, South Sudan. This project will provide a range of technical assistance to USAID South Sudan’s portfolio of programs.
*This position is contingent upon award*
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Support incorporation of technical, contextual, and experiential learning into the Mission’s program cycle processes
- Provide expert advice to USAID staff and partners on CLA
- Develop and deliver written materials and briefings on CLA-related findings, recommendations, methods, tools and approaches during learning activities in the Mission
- Work closely with the Mission to identify key CLA priorities and plan and develop relevant CLA activities
- Develop and conduct trainings, workshops, facilitated learning conversations and other capacity building opportunities around CLA
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 5 years of work experience in strategic learning, knowledge management, organizational development, communications, and/or M&E, with the five years of experience being in an international development context required
- Experience advising clients on knowledge management, organizational development, and strategic communications in an international development context required
- Oral and written fluency in English are required
Education: An advanced degree in in international relations, knowledge management, organizational development or another related field required.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to develop, review, monitor, and improve as necessary training curricula and associated materials for a professional audience
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and harness strategic learning to improve organizational operations and/or performance in an international development context
- Familiarity with USAID M&E principles and processes
- Skilled facilitation of groups, meetings, and events both online and in-person
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.