International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Learning Specialist
Department/Location: Kinshasa, DRC
Reports To: Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt level position
IBTCI is currently seeking a Learning Specialist for its Monitoring, Evaluation and Coordination Contract (MECC) program in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). MECC provides M&E and learning support to two innovative USAID/DRC initiatives; the cross-cutting Country Development Cooperation Strategy that supports a holistic development approach across multiple technical areas and emphasizes Mission-wide learning, and a comprehensive education program funded by USAID and DFID.
This position is contingent upon client approval.
Please note that the DRC has a security threat level of 5. The incumbent will need to follow the advice of his/her security advisors(s) and must have added awareness of his/her surroundings.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Incorporate technical, contextual and experiential learning into the mission’s program cycle processes.
- Provide expert advice to USAID staff and partners on CLA.
- Develop and deliver written materials and briefings on CLA-related findings, recommendations, methods, tools and approaches during learning activities in the mission.
- Collaborate with the mission to identify key CLA priorities and plan and develop relevant CLA activities.
- Develop and facilitate trainings, workshops, learning conversations and other capacity building opportunities around CLA.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum five years’ work experience in strategic learning, knowledge management, organizational development, communications, and/or M&E, at least five of which must be in an international development context.
- Ability to effectively communicate strategic learning, knowledge management, organizational development, communications, and/or M&E.
- Skilled facilitation of groups, meetings and events both online and in-person.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Oral and written fluency in English and French skills are required.
Education: Post graduate degree in international relations, knowledge management, organizational development or another related field required.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to develop, review, monitor, and improve as necessary training curricula and associated materials for a professional audience.
- Previous experience facilitating and harnessing strategic learning to improve organizational operations and/or performance in an international development context.
- Familiarity with USAID M&E principles and processes.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment, with some field work.
Physical Requirements: This position requires the incumbent to be mobile and agile at a moment’s notice in case of emergency. This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: International and provincial travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.