Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997, we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
USAID/Mexico Resilient Civil Society Activity (RSA) is a four-year project that will strengthen CSOs’ abilities to develop and apply evidence-based solutions to critical development challenges in human rights, justice, transparency, sustainable landscapes and crime and violence prevention. RSA will build on previous USAID and other donor investments in Mexico’s civil society sector, while also engaging new and emerging partners. RSA will employ a tailored, participatory and inclusive capacity-development program focused on priority areas, performance improvement, networking and local systems engagement.
Social Impact is seeking a Learning Community and Collaboration Specialist for USAID/Mexico RSA. The Learning Community and Collaboration Specialist will provide technical assistance for the consolidation of Learning Communities that increase CSOs engagement, collaboration, and connectedness with multi-sector stakeholders. The specialist will work to increase collaborative schemes between CSOs by codesigning, facilitating and systematizing multiple Learning Communities through the program cycle. The Specialist will work closely with the Collaboration and Engagement Lead to promote multi-sectoral engagement that strengthens CSO’s ability to be more resilient.
- Support the Collaboration and Engagement Lead to design, facilitate and systematize Learning Communities.
- Work with technical teams to develop concrete actions to work with civil society organizations to develop strategies for multi sector collaboration.
- Codevelop the methodology and action plan for the implementation of the mapping activities that will take place in collaboration with USAID Mexico.
- Support the organization and execution of various alliance-focused events and forums.
- Work with the Collaboration and Engagement Lead on systematizing and analyzing information and knowledge for collaboration and engagement strategies within RSA.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required in relevant area
- 5-8 years of experience with planning and implementing high-level technical consultations, forums, and/or meetings;
- Experience facilitating groups, field work and strong social skills to promote collaborations and alliances amongst multi sector stakeholders;
- Knowledge of partnerships building in the Mexican context is strongly preferred;
- Solid understanding of the civil society sector and Mexico’s economic, political, social and cultural environment.
- Fluent written and oral proficiency in English and Spanish required. Must be able to communicate effectively in both languages;
- Solid communication and writing skills both in English and Spanish is requiered;
- Only Mexican citizens based in Mexico City need apply.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.