International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Assignment Title: Learning Advisor
Department/Location: Kinshasa, DRC
Technical Point of Contact: Learning Specialist
MECC is a five-year contract implemented by IBTCI to provide monitoring, evaluation, analytic, coordination, and research services to the Mission’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS), and the USAID/DFID joint education program (ACCELERE!). It is intended to support Mission-wide objectives and provide analytical tools and services that allow the Mission to undertake performance management that will guide them in the full implementation of the CDCS PMP and ACCELERE! results framework. MECC services include performance monitoring, support to the Mission’s Learning Agenda, coordination among stakeholders at the provincial level, and M&E capacity building for Mission staff, IPs, and other relevant stakeholders. The Learning Advisor will provide short-term technical support in the execution of technical activities focused on capacity development and learning under the MECC contract. The Learning Advisor will support MECC’s activities related to CLA and capacity building, in Kinshasa and selected provinces.
Please note that the DRC has a security threat level of 5. The incumbent will need to follow the advice of his/her security advisor(s) and must have added awareness of his/her surroundings.
Using your expertise and subject matter skills, perform assigned tasks on specific task orders and/or contracts. Tasks could include, but not be limited to:
Scope of Work:
- Working closely with USAID/Mission staff and MECC Learning Specialist to recommend/identify CLA priorities and plan and develop relevant activities;
- Design and/or support the design and development of training, workshops, and meeting materials;
- Deliver and/or support the delivery of activities, such as learning events, trainings, workshops and other meetings with USAID and implementing partners in Kinshasa and selected field locations;Writing reports related to MECC’s trainings and CLA activities including – but not limited to- training reports, event reports, and quarterly and annual reports;
- Other duties as assigned.
Serve in the above consultant capacity to support the IBTCI technical practice of Crisis, Conflict & Governance.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
- At least 8 years’ work experience in strategic learning, knowledge management, organizational development, communications, and/or M&E required, preferably in an international development context;
- Oral and written fluency in English and French speaking skills are required.
Education: Bachelors Degree in a related field; Masters preferred.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively communicate and build relationships with diverse stakeholders;
- Skilled facilitation of groups, meetings, and events;
- Knowledge of USAID M&E principles and processes;
- Knowledge of USAID CLA framework and approach;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both French and English;
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment, with some field work.
Physical Requirements: This position requires the incumbent to be mobile and agile at a moment’s notice in case of emergency. This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Travel: International and provincial travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.