- Analysis & Capacity Building (Task 1a & 1b): An analysis of the alignment between primary and middle school curricula and approaches.
- Analysis & Capacity Building (Task 2): An analysis of teaching and learning materials for accessibility and inclusion.
Both efforts will take into consideration MOE staff capacity and will be done in partnership with them to have a sense of what else is needed to build their capacity to continue to work in these two areas in the next strategy.
The goal of sub-task (1b) is for Social Impact to work with a relevant cadre of MOE staff to assess and build their capacity and conduct a comparative analysis of the primary and middle school STEM curriculum, materials and structure to assess the curriculum against best practices for science learning, and to identify gaps across grade levels that are repetitive or misaligned to highlight areas where alignment is needed. Mathematics curriculum will be separately reviewed. Specifically, the goal is to:
- Review the science curriculum for adherence to best practice guidance on teaching and learning of these subjects for all learners at the primary and lower secondary levels.
- Understand the progression and structure of science learning across grades 1-9 in order to identify any gaps in the curriculum that hinder the logical flow between primary and middle school.
Task 1b will ultimately conclude with recommendations on how best to align the middle school STEM curriculum with the primary school curriculum, and to improve the curriculum across the primary and middle school grades.
SI is seeking a Lead Training Facilitator – Mathematics to provide remote capacity building workshops for a limited number of mid- to senior-level staff within the Moroccan MOE. The consultant’s work on the project is scheduled to begin in May 2020 and will extend on a part-time basis through January 2020. S/he will report to the project team lead and will work conjointly with other curriculum reviewers and training specialists. This project is fully remote.
- Review relevant primary and middle school level mathematics curriculum and REMOTE design capacity building workshops (approximately 15 hours of remote training).
- Lead REMOTE capacity building workshops, along with the support of a curriculum review specialist, on behalf of SI for the Moroccan MOE.
- Lead a REMOTE reporting out meeting with trainees at the conclusion of the curriculum review to develop findings into conclusions and recommendations to better align curriculum to meet global best practices and align across grades 1-9.
- Contribute to the writing of the draft and final reports for USAID/Morocco.
- Support the team in the development of other deliverables as needed.
- Postgraduate degree in Education, focused in mathematics or a related STEM field with knowledge specific to primary and middle school teaching and learning practices. A minimum of twelve years of relevant experience.
- Practical experience with curriculum design, review, and revision principles and practices.
- Strong experience designing and facilitating capacity building workshops and other training events, especially on education-related topics.
- Strong English writing and communication skills.
- Stable, fast, professional online connection required.
- Prior work with USAID contracts preferred.
- Knowledge of Moroccan education system preferred.
- Oral and written fluency in Arabic required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.