We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Assignment Title: Lead Technical Proposal Writer
Department/Location: Business Development
Technical Point of Contact: Principal, MERL
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Lead Technical Proposal Writer consultant to support proposal development activities for the USAID Kenya and East Africa Reading for East Africa’s Development (READ) Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity Contract. This contract will provide technical assistance and services to increase access to high quality basic education and improve student learning outcomes in East Africa.
Scope of Work:The Consultant will work closely with the assigned IBTCI proposal team to produce inputs. All deliverables will be completed by the Consultant in compliance with relevant donor standards and IBTCI’s processes, including maintaining IBTCI’s formatting rules and timelines. The assignment is to draft a technical approach for a five-year national-level basic education activity for a system serving 6 million public school students plus about 1 million out-of-school students in a hypothetical East African country following the pandemic; this hypothetical activity would be worth between $75-$90 million and would have to address the competing demands of numerous governmental and public stakeholders. The approach would represent a response to a hypothetical RFTOP calling for a design and is to have a maximum length of 25 pages.
- Lead writing of the technical proposal by incorporating oral and written inputs from technical experts and responding to comments provided from reviewers;
- Draft original content as needed, ensuring all drafts are complete and within page limits in advance of reviews;
- Lead writing, including technical implementation strategy, for illustrative task order;
- Support proposal teams in writing other sections of the proposal, developing graphics and text boxes, and reviewing all proposal sections for consistency and compliance;
- Align with IBTCI’s best practices for developing proposal outlines, strategies, and approaches, and adhere to IBTCI outline and other templates and tools;
- Other duties as assigned and mutually agreed upon.
Serve in the above consultant capacity to support the Business Development division.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required;
- Minimum of 8 years of proposal writing experience, including for USAID contracts, is required; and
- Experience working on USAID-funded proposals of similar scope/size.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Global Affairs, International Development, or related field is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience preparing USAID funded proposals;
- Expertise in International Education or other relevant technical field; and
- Proven track record of successful technical design, analysis, and solutions facilitation for development projects in East Africa.
- Expertise in developing proposal for lunching nation-wide education programs.
- Expertise in IDIQ management technical proposal writing
- Expertise in education sector reforms, specifically basic education.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile or conflict prone zones.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at TalentAcquisition@ibtci.com (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).