Summary : As assigned by the Project Lead, oversee the development , implementation and monitoring and evaluation of technical assistance programs for media partners, individual journalists, media organizations and civil society organizations i n the region.
- Support development of calls for proposals, evaluate applications, and engage external evaluators .
- Oversee program-related monitoring and evaluation data collection and analysis.
- As necessary , oversee development of training and event agendas, including identifying regional and international thematic experts to serve as trainers, mentors, and speakers.
- Manage and coordinate all project activities related to media literacy, media monitoring, and research . Responsibilities may include identifying survey companies and local implementing partners, coordinating in-country activities and monitoring implementation , and supporting and engaging local implementing partners throughout the process.
- Nurture relationships with media outlets, research institutions, media literacy initiatives, and media support org
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in media management, training for journalists, and production of in-depth quality content.
- Familiarity with modern techniques for audience engagement and multiplatform reporting.
- Experience in/strong knowledge of media sector in Eastern Europe/former Soviet countries.
- Experience in political analysis, data collection, or sociological research preferred . Familiarity with media literacy and media monitoring practices and methodologies highly preferred OR experience implementing technical assistance for international donor-funded media or democracy support projects , specifically USG-funded programs.
- Familiarity with USG monitoring and evaluation practices is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and think creatively under time constraints.
- Fluency in Russian required, English proficiency highly preferred.
- Residence in or willingness to relocate to Vilnius, Lithuania.