Lead Opportunity Zone and Promise Zone Specialist
ICF seeks a self-motivated Lead Opportunity Zone and Promise Zone Specialist with experience working in communities with special designations to attract investment (e.g. Opportunity Zones, Promise Zones, and Envision Centers) to be an integral member of our technical assistance team leading capacity building efforts for U.S. Housing and Urban Development. You must be a pro-active, team leader and player able to work in a fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for both leading and supporting a wide range of technical assistance engagements, providing direct guidance to grantees or federal partners, and developing products and written materials designed to help improve the effectiveness of federally-assisted housing assistance, homeless services and the development or preservation of affordable housing rental projects. We are seeking a team member with a commitment to addressing racial disparities through inclusive and equitable system and program design. ICF is committed to Diversity & Inclusion, which is simply who we are and what we do.
We are open to supporting 100% remote work anywhere within the US.
What you’ll be doing
- Leading components of large and small technical assistance and training engagements assisting cities, counties, states, tribes and non-profit entities in the design and implementation of HUD policies and programs specifically on Opportunity Zones, Promise Zones and Envision Centers.
- Drafting written products and tools to be applied within specific engagements and shared nationally to support local efforts to address specific challenges related to compliance with funding requirements.
- Leading and managing teams, budgets, project deliverables, communication with the TA recipient, and relations with HUD and other funders.
- Tracking priorities to ensure the completion of projects in an accurate, timely and cost-efficient manner.
- Providing advisory and consulting services to clients through training sessions, one-on-one conversations, and written products by applying techniques, concepts, and methods related to a particular field of specialization
- Performing quality control on products and tools to ensure compliance with regulations and ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Bachelors’ degree in Planning, Public Policy, Government, or related discipline. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 8+ years of experience working in communities with special designations to attract investment, qualified opportunity funds, affordable housing, and/or community development.
- Demonstrated Opportunity Zone and/or Promise Zone experience required, Envision Center experience preferred.
- Experience with other HUD programs (e.g., HOME, CDBG) and cross-cutting requirements (e.g., Uniform Relocation Act, Section 3, fair housing) preferred.
- Experience in developing and implementing project/team processes.
- Project and personnel management skills and experience.
- Willingness to travel on occasion.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Leader and team player with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and consultants
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Teams)
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world’s toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)