The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a senior professional in its IT unit for a two-year, fixed-term, renewable appointment. The Lead IT Professional position provides technical leadership to the organization on the network and cloud infrastructure. This position requires a “player-manager” who not only manages the work of others on the Network Team but also directly contributes to the work of the team. Must be a team player, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and enjoy taking on new challenges. This position also will provide technical leadership to collaborative initiatives within a wider consortium of organizations and act as the unit head when needed. This position will report to the Head, IT Services and is based at IFPRI headquarters located in Washington, DC.
Principal Team Responsibilities:
- Design, implementation, and maintenance of on-premises network infrastructure.
- Design, implementation, and maintenance of cloud-based services.
- Implementation and maintenance of ERP.
- Support of web-based systems.
- Backup and disaster recovery of network infrastructure.
- Help desk support.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT-related field plus fifteen years of relevant professional experience or Master’s degree plus twelve years’ experience.
- Six years of management experience required.
- Technical knowledge of Windows, Active Directory, and Office 365 environment.
- Technical experience with network and cloud-platform troubleshooting.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Customer support experience.