The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) mission in Bangladesh has contracted Social Impact to assist with developing its Performance Management Plan (PMP) and support monitoring of activities under its new Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) 2021-2025, which is currently being finalized. The project aims to support the mission with four main tasks: 1) developing its Performance Management Plan (PMP) using the latest ADS 201 guidance, 2) reviewing 5-6 activity monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) plans, 3) providing guidance on best practices for monitoring the current COVID19 situation and other ongoing monitoring needs, and 4) helping the mission align current programmatic activities with its new CDCS.
All work will be performed remotely through online platforms and will accommodate the time zone/working schedule of USAID/Bangladesh technical teams. No travel to Bangladesh is anticipated at this time. The project is projected to begin in January 2020 and run until July 2020, with the possibility of the work concluding earlier or later depending on mission needs.
SI is seeking a Lead Facilitator to conduct a series of remote facilitation sessions with USAID/Bangladesh technical teams to develop a complete PMP to be approved no later than March 2020, and provide a technical review of AMELPs to ensure effective activity monitoring. The lead facilitator will actively engage USAID to help them align sectoral current activities with the new CDCS, which is more integrated and cross-sectoral in nature. Additionally, the lead facilitator will work with the mission to discuss strategies for ongoing monitoring, including understanding the efforts of COVID19 on USAID activities and their results. The lead facilitator will be supported by a co-facilitator who will help complete the technical deliverables, and an SI headquarters (HQ) management team. This is a short-term consultancy.
- Work with the co-facilitator to design and facilitate several remote, collaborative sessions with USAID/Bangladesh to develop a PMP including the following required components:
- Table of Contents and Modification Log
- Identification of Learning Priorities and Plan to Address them with Monitoring, Evaluation, and CLA
- Performance Indicators for Intermediate Results (IR)
- Evaluation Plan
- Schedule of Performance-Management Tasks and Associated Resources
The PMP should be completed by February in order to be formally approved by March 2020. Although USAID will be responsibility for putting together the majority of the PMP, the lead and co-facilitators are expected to assist with writing, editing, organizing, and formatting the document, as necessary.
- Technically review 5-6 AMELPs to ensure quality results frameworks, indicators, and other components.
- Liaise with USAID through email and virtual meetings to demonstrate how current activities work towards the results in the new CDCS.
- Liaise with USAID through email and virtual meetings to develop ideas for ongoing monitoring during and beyond COVID19
- In all aspects of this assignment, build USAID’s capacity to complete MEL activities, including virtual training as needed.
- Manage and delegate tasks as appropriate to the co-facilitator.
- Ensure quality work in all deliverables; implement SI quality assurance processes.
- Work closely with SI HQ team and communicate in a timely and effective manner with all project personnel.
- Master’s in a relevant field and at least 10 years of related experience, including substantial demonstrated experience in strategic planning, monitoring, training and facilitation.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and expertise on facilitating PMPs and learning agendas, reviewing AMELPs, supporting activity alignment, and conducting ongoing monitoring
- Familiarity with USAID policies and ADS 201 requirements
- Previous experience facilitating through virtual platforms
- Ability to work at non-traditional hours to align with USAID/Bangladesh’s work day
- Superb client engagement and organization skills
- Demonstrated team management is preferred
- Familiarity with USAID/Bangladesh is preferred
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.